President Hugo Chavez response to George W. Bush's Insults.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Nov 23, 2005.

1. .

“Chavez savages Bush”
    Ireland Online - March 10, 2007

Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez called George Bush a “political cadaver” and US policies “imperialist” as he led 20,000 supporters in Buenos Aires, in an anti-American rally.

“Gringo go home!” Chavez shouted in a crowded soccer stadium in the Argentine capital.

“The US president today is a true political cadaver and now he does not even smell of sulphur any more,” he said, referring to Bush’s waning years in office.

“What the little gentleman from the North now exudes is the smell of political death and in a very short time he will be converted into cosmic dust and disappear from the stage.”

Left-winger Chavez said he did not come to “sabotage” Bush’s Latin American visit, saying the timing was a coincidence, even as Bush landed in neighbouring Uruguay for a 36-hour stop.

#31     Mar 10, 2007
  2. SA

I respect some of your posts (even though your predictions are way off), but I don't understand why you continue to live here (USA). You obviously hate America and Yanks. Brazil can do no wrong. Why don't you go back home?

BTW, I have lived in the US and Brazil. I would take the crappiest US city over any city in Brazil in a heartbeat. There is a reason why the entire world is trying to get into this country. Stop looking for reasons to bash it. Or at least find an anti US blog to post. This is an investment/trading site.

#32     Mar 10, 2007
  3. Last time in Brazil, I was at a mega resort. Packs of kids cruising down the beach. Innocent? Nope.

They were taking anything they wanted from people as they passed. Many cameras. The cops did NOTHING cause they couldn't. There were several tourist cops just watching.

Fortaleza, fall 2005.

Why don't you speak about this shit SA?

#33     Mar 10, 2007
  4. .

March 10, 2007

SouthAmerica: Reply to Jayford

I know everything is wonderful in Iraq and in South America - and just as CNN reported yesterday on the news - these demonstrations in South America it does not reflect that these people are anti- USA today - it is just a bunch of people that Hugo Chavez paid money for them to stage these anti-American demonstrations.......

Then I was thinking why is CNN News giving this type of misinformation to the American public?

The truth is the United States really doesn't care about South America and the feeling is becoming mutual - and South Americans know that - But once in a while the US still sends a secretary of state or even the US president goes to places such as Brazil just as a PR stunt.

The only problem is that nobody is buying that kind of bullshit anymore, and I can’t remember in my lifetime Brazilians having such a nasty demonstrations against the United States as they just had during the current trip of George W. Bush.

I know you and some other people hate my guts on this forum, because you want to be fed bullshit all the time and many of you don’t even know the difference anymore between what is real and what is bullshit because very few people still use their brain to do some reasoning and thinking at least once in a while.

Last week, Monday and Tuesday, I was watching Lou Dobbs tonight on CNN – and they were making a big deal that Hugo Chavez had spent US$ 4 billion dollars in defense spending during 2006 and 2007.

They gave the impression that there is a major crisis coming from Venezuela – you had the feeling that Hugo Chavez was going to land in Florida with his army any day in the coming future.

Then I was thinking what kind of Americans would buy that type of bullshit?

Is CNN serious about this major treat to American security?

Is the United States Army so bad today that even though the United States did spend more than US$ 1 trillion dollars in defense spending during that same time period - and CNN News want me to believe that the United States is afraid of a country that spent only US$ 4 billion dollars in defense spending.

Let me see if I am missing something on this deal that the CNN reporters were able to see it and I didn’t. For each US$ 1 billion dollars that Hugo Chavez spent in defense spending the United States spent US$ 250 billion dollars – and Americans still are not sure if that kind of defense spending will be enough to secure the United States against a Hugo Chavez military attack.

Now that I did the math I realized that Americans should lose their sleep over that since there is a high probability of a potential military attack by Venezuela against the United States.

I understand your frustration regarding Hugo Chavez – He is a very bad person and a dangerous person – and he is attacking the United States with millions of US dollars in help for the American poor around the United States.

He is spreading the oil wealth of Venezuela not only with the poor people in Venezuela, but also with other parts of Central and South America.

I know Wall Street were much happier place when Venezuela had a handful of people who stole most of the oil revenue and sent it to the United States to be invested in private equity firms or hedge funds. That was a much smarter way to invest the oil wealth of Venezuela and generated lots of fat fees for a small group of people in the US

I see your point – screw the poor and let’s get all the fat fees back in Wall Street.

Let’s see who is the real bad guy – in one hand we have George W. Bush who sends US$ 1. 6 billion dollars mostly to Colombia in the form of machineguns, helicopter-gunships, bombs, grenades, all kinds of military equipment, poisons to be spread from airplanes to kill good food crops and also the bad crops, and make thousands of people sick with cancer and so on including women, senior citizens, and children….

In the other hand, we have Hugo Chavez who is giving millions of US dollars in drastic discounts for oil purchases by the poor in various places in the United States. He is also helping other poor Central and South American countries with oil deals and financing many infrastructure projects.

#34     Mar 10, 2007
  5. A truly retarded analysis . . . Bush = bad, Chavez = god, er, uh, I mean good: not even all the South Americans believe that bunk . . .

#35     Mar 10, 2007
  6. .

March 11, 2007

SouthAmerica: Reply to Nick Leeson Jr.

Here is more goodness from George W. Bush for South America – by the way, this is the same type of goodness he is spreading in Iraq, and in Lebanon (in Lebanon, George W. Bush outsourced the spread of his goodness to Israel – every bomb dropped in Lebanon was stamped with a label “Made in the USA”).

The article said: “The president has indicated he will ask Congress to maintain current aid levels to Colombia at roughly $700 million annually to support the Latin American nation's fight against terrorism and drug trafficking.”

Translation: The United States will continue to supply the Colombian government with Gunship-helicopters, bombs, grenades, machineguns, tanks, all kinds of surveillance equipment, and poisons to destroy the food supply with the other types of crops, and so on….

Today this is the best idea that they have in Washington on how the United States can help poor countries on their economic development, and also their way in supporting develop a local fascist state.

“Bush pays brief call on Colombia”
    By TOM RAUM, Associated Press Writer
    AP – Associated Press
    March 11, 2007

BOGOTA, Colombia - President Bush renewed U.S. support to Colombia, a strong but drug and violence-plagued U.S. ally which receives more U.S. aid than any country outside the Middle East and Afghanistan.

Bush arrived in the nation's capital on Sunday to meet with President Alvaro Uribe in a show of confidence for Uribe and Colombia's battle against narcoterrorists. But the stop was clouded by a political scandal involving Uribe, and security jitters had Bush staying only about six hours.

Colombia was the third country on the president's five-nation tour of Latin America. He began his journey in Brazil, flew here from Uruguay and was headed later Sunday to Guatemala.

Bush last stops in Mexico before returning to Washington Wednesday.

Despite close ties between Uribe and Bush, the U.S. president's visit has generated considerable criticism and strong protests. Police put down violent demonstrations here ahead of Bush's arrival.

About a mile away from the presidential palace, some 1,000 protesters chanted "Down with Bush" and burned American flags. Friday night, a concert by former Pink Floyd frontman Roger Waters featured a big balloon of a pig that said "Patron Bush, Welcome to your Colombian Ranch."

It was Bogota's first visit from a sitting president since Ronald Reagan in 1982. Bush went in 2004 to coastal Cartagena, always deemed far safer than the capital of this country afflicted by a civl conflict for half a century.

Bush received a red-carpet greeting by a military honor guard when his plane landed. But some 20,000 police and heavily armed troops mobilized to prevent any rebel attack.

Sharpshooters were positioned on rooftops, the city center was shut down to traffic and Bogotanos had to do without their beloved "ciclovia," in which major avenues are given over on Sundays to biking, skating and jogging.

Bush rode to the palace on a route lined with gun-toting police standing guard every few feet, and his motorcade included white pickup trucks with local security officers filling the beds. Manhole covers were spray-painted to alert security agents to tampering.

"The security measures are excessive," said 56-year-old Manuel Cifuentes, who runs a food stand on the Plaza de Bolivar and said he hasn't had much business in the last few days.

The president has indicated he will ask Congress to maintain current aid levels to Colombia at roughly $700 million annually to support the Latin American nation's fight against terrorism and drug trafficking.

"The president looks forward to meeting with President Uribe to demonstrate U.S support for Colombia, highlight positive security and economic developments that have taken place there, and discuss the mutual commitment to the U.S. Colombia Trade Promotion Agreement," said White House spokesman Gordon Johndroe.

Johndroe also noted Bush would meet with Colombians involved in various U.S programs "that help them reap the benefits of a democracy as well as demonstrate the compassion of the American people."

Ahead of Bush's visit, the Colombian law-and-order president urged for continued aid, crediting the U.S. assistance with helping to make his violence-tortured nation more peaceful and less corrupt. The U.S. has sent nearly $4 billion in mostly military aid to Colombia since Uribe took office in 2002.

"I ask the world, I ask the United States, to support us. We haven't yet won but we are winning. And we will persist," Uribe said in an interview last week with The Associated Press.

But Democrats who now control the U.S. Congress have been asking tough questions about that aid.

Eight close Uribe allies in Colombia's Congress, as well as his hand-picked former domestic intelligence chief, have been jailed for allegedly colluding with right-wing militias in a reign of terror that nearly subverted Colombian democracy.

The scandal prompted Uribe's foreign minister to resign last month when her senator brother and father, a regional power broker, were implicated for alleged participation in the kidnapping of a political rival.

Many Democrats in the U.S. are expressing concern about Colombia's human rights record. They also want greater emphasis on social programs — more than 3 million have been displaced by the decades of fighting — and on bolstering an overtaxed justice system.

Colombia remains the source of more than 90 percent of the world's cocaine despite record aerial fumigation of coca crops. And the leftist Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, or FARC, has neither been defeated nor had any members of its leadership captured.

The paramilitaries, which gained control of the entire Caribbean coast during the past decade, demobilized two years ago under a peace pact with Uribe's government. The paramilitaries arose in response to kidnappings and extortion by leftist rebels.

Bush and Uribe also were expected to discuss a U.S.-Colombia free-trade agreement now before Congress.

Colombian demonstrators called for the scuttling of the pact, signed in November and currently stalled in Congress.

Meanwhile, three Americans have been held by rebels for more than four years in Colombia without the Bush administration taking routine steps toward freeing them, current and former U.S. officials say. Family members have cautioned the U.S. on a rescue attempt that could bring the hostages' deaths.

#36     Mar 11, 2007