President Hillary Clinton - Best for the Economy !!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Joab, Feb 17, 2008.

1. " Quote from c0unterph0bia:

It's too bad she's the worst for civil liberties.
    =====================
    Exactly Counter."

Sorry, there's no doubt history will show that it was Bush and Cheney who unzipped and took a huge piss all over the Constitution. Sure, Hillary is a tax-and-spend Democrat and you can debate the merits of that. One thing for certain is that if Obama or Clinton become President, the Constitution will once again be restored and respected. And you know what? The NSA and CIA will have to get search warrants for wiretaps and it won't hurt homeland security one bit.

#111     Mar 7, 2008
  2. Gord

Gord

Please list these supposed Bush and Cheney abrogations of the constitution...

#112     Mar 7, 2008
  3. Joab

Joab

Hillary should take PA now !

Obama is just not the right guy for office he has too many skeletons and no experience.

#113     Mar 21, 2008
  4. If you have a household income < 350K per year ---- Hillary and Barack have a bullsey on your wallet

were it not for that reason I would probably vote for Barack - (always prefer the idealist over the seasoned political operator)

but considering >60 cents on every dollar I make goes to some kind of tax:
    Federal Income Tax
    FICA
    State Income Tax
    Property Tax
    Sales Tax

I'm going for McCain in the hopes there is some small corner of the Republican party that retains its historical preference for fiscal restraint

(btw - for all those who will point out that FICA is not a tax ---- if the government takes it out of my paycheck before I get a chance to decide what to spend it on ---- it might just as well be a tax)

#114     Mar 21, 2008
  5. errrr...

household income > $350K per year

#115     Mar 21, 2008
  6. I missed the part where she and her husband were succesful economists. I guess they both went to law school not ECO school.

I also think that during his presidency he was lucky it was the period of highest productivity in the US....which was also financed by a huge debt we are no longer able to pay for.

#116     Mar 21, 2008
  7. As near as I can figure we have been financing things with our huge debt that we can no longer afford to pay for --- for at least the last 40 years

#117     Mar 21, 2008
  8. Joab

Joab

I'm a simple man with common sense I follow an easy philosophy !

If it isn't broke, don't fix it

Traders made FORTUNES under Bill's watch and the markets loved his policies ... why I don't know, why I don't care !!!

I just want to make $$$$$ and as a Trader you want Hillary because she will do what Bill did.

History repeats itself !

#118     Mar 22, 2008