Preparing to make the move to trading full time

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by uptickk, Oct 11, 2011.

1. less about lame ass charity, work on improving ur finances first.

#21     Oct 12, 2011
  2. nnfx

nnfx

You stole the words out of my mounth rtiger29....so ill just quote you.
    Very well said!!
    No offense paladin but you are contradicting yourself and you are terribly close-minded. Help is help regardless of where and how and to whom...

and...yes you sound like wannabe Messiah who is very selfish/materialis indeed but wants to appear helpful and generous to the community where you live. U mentioned that you look down to other people becouse of the money u made by trading and this explains everything nicely.

cheers

No i didnt say that. I just said that if u want to do sth good besides trading then do something really good (like helping others) and not sth useless like u are doing (piano, chinese....thats helping yourself only)

#22     Oct 13, 2011
  3. I'm very amused by how you love to pound on my piano training and Chinese skills, then generalize that on my entire being. From the inaccurate way of your wording, I can see that you are aroused and I am smiling of satisfaction. Have a good day.

#23     Oct 13, 2011
  4. nnfx

nnfx

Heh, instead of commenting on your flaws you are ignoring the point of discussion. Typical response from someone who is unable to stant for what they say.

Good day to you sir...or should i rather say "”üD“Iˆê“V" :)

cheers

#24     Oct 13, 2011
  5. uptickk

uptickk

Thanks for the suggestions. Tomorrow is my first official day being unemployed.

#25     Nov 2, 2011
  6. Dustin

Dustin

Have you been profitable in simulator? Do you have a trading plan or an edge?

#26     Nov 2, 2011
  7. uptickk

uptickk

I have been trading real money on the side for 6 plus years but have been working on several strategies regularly the last two in preparation for quitting my regular job. My trading is discretionary and my risk management has kept me alive.

#27     Nov 2, 2011
  8. Is your monthly profit more than twice of your regular job salary?

#28     Nov 3, 2011
  9. Good luck my friend.

#29     Nov 3, 2011
  10. bone

bone

Fair question. IMO, never quit your "real" job unless it is just really senseless financially to keep it. I have clients making 45% ROI year-to-date swing trading spreads around their 'day jobs' who I still advise not to quit. I mean, stay in that comfort zone of consistency and bang it out for the love of all things rational. Save up a few hundred thou after taxes and make the decision to quit the day job less dramatic.

#30     Nov 3, 2011