Prepare for $5.50 Gasoline / $.35 KWH Electricity

Discussion in 'Economics' started by limitdown, May 2, 2006.

1. hey,

price gouging,

vote gouging,

ballet stuffing,

what's the difference?

#21     May 2, 2006
  2. In some European countries the yearly tax on an SUV is *huge*.

Also, in some places the purchase tax on a vehicle is based on the size of the engine. So in some cases a 5 or 6 liter engine will be a 30-40% tax on the purchase price. No kidding!

They have all kinds of "penalties" to keep people away from vehicles with big engines.

#22     May 2, 2006
  3. mhashe

mhashe

And yet the stock market grinds up in a half assed fashion.

#23     May 2, 2006
  4. Where else can our creditors invest their funny money?

#24     May 2, 2006
  5. You should look on a more macro level than on a micro level before giving such a tunnel viewed reply.

I'll leave it to yourself to work out how lower gas prices work their way through the economy.

over and out.

vital analitics

#26     May 2, 2006
  6. And so it should be. There is no need to waste precious resources and pollute the planet just to show off "mine is bigger than yours".

:eek:

#27     May 2, 2006
  7. I forgot to draw the line.

the $.38 kwh represents a 180% increase over average rates available in New York State

the $5.80 per gallon US, gasoline represents more tax breaks for the super wealthy, whilest transferring essentials from ordinary peoples....

When you see crimes like these perpetrated, then one either has to complete the process, legally, to formally criminalize their conduct through legislative processes or

watch normal things begin to break down:

1) society, as we know it, and have come to know it

2) rationing

3) federalizing through price controls

4) severe looting and rioting, etc.

hey, who's to really know....

#28     May 4, 2006
  8. Millano

Millano

Or "if I get in an accident, the other vehicle will be destroyed (and their passengers killed) and I'll be safe" :eek:

Though some locations actually call for SUVs. Because of climate and whatnot. BUT those locations house only a tiny percentage of the States SUVs :mad:

#29     May 4, 2006