Premonitions of a futures novice

Discussion in 'Journals' started by mushin.be, Jan 18, 2008.

1. mushin.be

mushin.be

This is not going to be a very fascinating or entertaining Journal for a good while. I'm a complete novice (as in, zero trading experience of any kind) with no capital to speak of and very little basic knowledge. For now this will mostly be for three things:

1. Reviewing and reflecting upon my first trading books. Shooting for 1 per week starting with John Murphy's "Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets", thoroughly read from cover to cover. Depends on my college workload.
    2. Figuring out how to implement trading systems and develop my own.
    3. Monitoring my capital (at the moment this is easy since it's 0, but I'm working to change this.)

I plan to trade the mini Dow YM futures intra-day, seems like a safe choice. I've already downloaded a TOS paper-money account and I might use it to mess around while I read TAotFM. I've tried to figure out how to set up paper money on my own, seems like I managed to do it?

I'm not privileged with the opportunity of having a mentor, and that's OK I'm used to figuring things out on my own. If I go down the wrong path, hopefully someone will sporadically pop in and see that I'm doing something terrible and say "stop, what the hell are you doing?!".

I'll start reading TAotFM today, I should have a review of it no later than next Sunday.

I don't think anyone would have read all the way down here. Slow day? :p