Premium Options Seller

Discussion in 'Options' started by apopilot, Nov 2, 2009.

1. What do you do with them?

#11     Nov 3, 2009
  2. You are wrong again. Here is why: experienced investors buy options to hedge their short inventory. The smarter ones even buy more wings. So their net position is either zero, or they are long options (the wings). The catastrophe is that you may have regurgitated the virtue of being net zero or net in a book or other posts/etc, yet in your response to this this thread you wrote the opposite. That shows you do not understand what you write and/or have not any conviction in it.

When are you going to stop making mistakes all over the place, and writing things you did not think out?

Just a couple of days ago, I again showed another of your stupid mistakes (collar related post), in addition to many other mistakes I highlighted that you should be ashamed to make but you are not.

stick to something simpler, and do not make rookie mistakes.

What do you think of inconsistent thoughts/statements?

#12     Nov 3, 2009
  3. ammo

ammo

rft, there are alot of professional premium sellers,who do nothing but sell puts and calls and collec t the premium erosion

#13     Nov 3, 2009
  4. wayneL

wayneL

I'm probably not the only one that is finding your vendetta against this poster extremely tiresome.

Move on FFS.

#14     Nov 3, 2009

5. Then why say they have "little" edge.... if you agree with my facts they have NO edge?

#15     Nov 3, 2009
  6. Wayne, I agree with you. IMO it’s not that risky has a vendetta towards any one single individual mostly he needs to feel he is the authority here. He’s had many thread on this board where he is totally bazaar claiming he magically knows other people’s positions and he’s sure they are losing money. On one thread he claimed he had time and sales information which showed exactly who the counter parties were, that was pretty funny.

Basically anyone who does not agree with Risky gets chastised by him. His own track record is well documented and he does his utmost to hide it. Last year we caught him hiding opposite market predictions in odd threads and then whichever one worked out he would direct people to it and strain his shoulder patting himself on the back. It was very entertaining when his wrong predictions were uncovered, the ones he didn’t talk about hidden in other threads. He does provide quite a bit of entertainment.

I expect a nasty reply from him.

#16     Nov 3, 2009
  7. dagnyt post above:
    the answer to your question is that most experienced individual investors sell options.
    Newbies buy options because they don't understand what they are doing.

My response basically:
    Sellers have little edge over buyers of options

This has nothing to do with claiming that sellers therefore have some advantage. It means that declaring sellers as having an edge over buyers is a misinformed opinion. Further, the reality is this is not well established, but there is a vast array of opinions on the subject

#17     Nov 3, 2009
  8. You're back tracking... it’s pretty clear that you indicate that "sellers have little edge" meaning there is some edge. There is no dispute there is no inherent edge in being a buyer or a seller.

#18     Nov 3, 2009
  9. When is pointing out something that is wrong is vendetta?

Do you have a vendetta against me and the truth FFS?

There are many incorrect statements he made (some I did not comment on). If he did not make rookie mistakes, there would be no such posts.

#19     Nov 3, 2009
  10. wayneL

wayneL

1/ Please do not insult our intelligence.

2/ No.

#20     Nov 3, 2009