Premature is bad.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by qdz3se, May 7, 2004.

1. qdz3se

qdz3se

But then the question, how do we judge premature before the effect? Of course we may know premature are the cause of some failures after the effect. But is premature the mother of all failures?

:p

#11     May 7, 2004
  2. %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Good example of bad premature action;
    trading realtime before written plan/papertrading.:cool:

Paper trading also helps learn price levels, slippage education comes later;
    & paper trading also helps learn what does NOT work with your personality.

Harrytrader I am not sure if you meant to translate real money is not paper money;
    USA printed on all paper & coin money ''IN GOD we trust'' when they went off gold/silver standard. HAHa

Went to a creative financial freedom seminar about 10 years ago & underlined in the Workbook;
    paper trade stocks.
    ==============================================

:)

#12     May 7, 2004
  3. Premature by definition has normally a negative connotation. But words are only proxies for thoughts: so it is the context where it is used that gives its real sense. So for the context here, I use the term premature only to reuse the same term than originally posted : what I wanted to is to put the accent between THOUGHT and ACTION during two different PHASES: there is a time for thinking, there is a time for acting and one musn't mistmatch the two phases.

THINKING Before ACTING is normally the best way to enter the so called circle progress: Plan do Check Action (PDCA from Demings).

Optimising prematurally a trading system or a software program is a sin (see Knuth's maxim below) : but it happens when the design or thinking phase has been neglected. Sometimes it is the constraint of time that makes you act prematuraly. When you have no choice it's a pity but if you have the choice it's better: 80% preparation, 20% action (all my automation process is focused on preparation phase: when it will be done then I will be free :D)

"Premature optimisation is the root of all evil"
    Knuth's maxim in programming world

#13     May 8, 2004
  4. Now there is the INITIAL or DISCOVERY PHASE when it's better to ACT BEFORE THINKING. I mean it's best to begin to trade on paper first then for real to get a first feeling of the real world. But it musn't last. After that you must enter a phase of CONCEPTUAL thinking because without conceptualising the real world information stays NOISE, experiences cannot be capitalised and you repeat the same errors again and again of premature action. Information becomes KNOWLEDGE only through a thinking process.

#14     May 8, 2004