Premature is bad.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by qdz3se, May 7, 2004.

1. qdz3se

qdz3se

Is there such as thing called good premature? Premature thinking is bad. Premature decisions are bad. Premature behaviors are bad. Premature entering is bad. Premature exiting is bad... I know, maybe premature is just a word for the bad.

But how do we avoid being premature? Is endurance is the only answer? How to be good at enduring?

:p

2. maxpi

maxpi

Take vitamins, cut back on the coffee.

3. When You are Old

WHEN you are old and gray and full of sleep
    And nodding by the fire, take down this book,
    And slowly read, and dream of the soft look
    Your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep;

How many loved your moments of glad grace,
    And loved your beauty with love false or true;
    But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
    And loved the sorrows of your changing face.

And bending down beside the glowing bars,
    Murmur, a little sadly, how love fled
    And paced upon the mountains overhead,
    And hid his face amid a crowd of stars.

--William Butler Yeats

4. Apparently, a drug to treat premature ejaculation is in the works... now, that would be one premature less...:D

Unfortunately, I have not heard about drugs to treat other 'prematures '...

5. Premature ACTION is bad, premature THINKING is not bad. If you have THOUGHT your action before, you shouldn't ACT prematuraly :). What I mean by thought I don't just mean the planning of taking the action (the WHAT) but the planning of the WHOLE PROCESS of taking the action (the HOW). Politicians only say the what, don't do like them : go deep into details. It is in details that the devil hides no ?

A good example of premature action: trading real money before trading paper money. People who advise to only trade really money advise badly. That's how people explode their account because it is during paper trading that you will have time to think about details not when you are in action. During action you must NOT THINK but only REACT SWIFTLY.

6. Yeah they call that drug "whiskey"

get it at your local liquor store!

Tiki

7. agrau

agrau

I couldn't agree. "Premature" is "de façon précipitée" or "hâtivement" - Harry, I don't believe you are serious about this, this is not your style.

8. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

Excellent post, HarryTrader!

The All-Tech trading floor had a sign on the wall right outside of the door...

"It Is Better To Be Boldly Decisive and Risk Being Wrong, Than To Agonize At Great Length and Risk Being Right Too Late!"

9. Bolts

Bolts

I'm sure premature is bad by defiinition.

I find that many things that are done prematurely can be rectified by doing them twice. Which isn't a waste of time as long as you enjoy yourself.

10. qdz3se

qdz3se

So Harry, if I understand it correctly, there is no such as a thing called bad premature thinking, (especially when you met Sally.) All thinking can perfectly be premature or mature. The difference is the action on the mature or premature thinking. For one action, you don't talk about premature thinking.

:p

#10     May 7, 2004