PreferredTrade.com

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by qazmax, Jun 3, 2002.

1. qazmax

qazmax

TN
    Does anyone know how TN routes their stock?
    I have never used them?
    Are they affiliated with ARCA?
    Do they allow you to choose where to route the order or do they decide for you?
    How does the auto routing and re-routing work?
    Does anyone know which exchanges and which ECN they have direct lines to? (not access to)

PT
    I know Preferred allows you to choose your routing destination, which is nice. If you want ISLD, INCA, ARCA, DOT, SuperSoes, SNET they are right there. So you can access alomost any maket. But the system itself is not very dynamic.

IB
    IB has advance routing and always has the latest and greatest. Like Primex... (maybe not greatest, just lastest, which is awesome anyways). But they do not let you make any decisions. They do it for you, via "WOPPER" (from war games), their big computer, with their mad-man owner's (T.P.) throne sitting on top of it, preaching world market domination.

Any comments for Cyber or TOS??

#11     Jun 4, 2002
  2. def

def Sponsor

gazmax,
    just a correction re: IB. You can choose to route via Wopper as you call it or via individual ECN's or option exchanges via the TWS. It just depends on how you set things up.

#12     Jun 4, 2002
  3. qazmax

qazmax

So via IB...
    can someone route to the Primex if that is where they want it sent? Or to ISLD, ARCA, INCA etc... without "whopper" making the call for you?

Which ECNs does IB have direct links to? (not just "access"). Many frims claim they have access and what they really mean is SNET.

Which exchanges do they have links to? AMEX, NYSE, NYSE Dierect +, CSX (Chicago Stock Exchange), Boston Stock Exchange, etc.?

Which Nasdaq services do they have links to?
    SuperSoes, SNET, CAES/ITS, Primex, etc.

#13     Jun 4, 2002
  4. TraderC

TraderC

This thread is about PreferredTrade in case you don't know.

#14     Jun 4, 2002
  5. lots of people here like to bestow oral favors unto IB. Let's change the site name to IBtraders.com!

#15     Jun 4, 2002
  6. qazmax

qazmax

I intended for the topic to be PT, it is just that it steered to IB with responses. The truth is... I was going to compare Preferred to IB when I got a response.

I believe that Preferred has many good aspects for stocks and option routing.

But how can some access PT without talking of IB and TN to compare?

So I am looking at the PT software and they have direct links to many places.

NASDAQ
    SuperSoes, SNET, and a Sweep for SNET

Exchanges
    Dot NYSE and AMEX

ECNs
    ARCA, ISLD, INCA

Extra
    The have a trade desk which is for OTCBB and pink sheet stocks.
    They have 9.75 which is Knight Trimark at a discount and for pinks and OTCBB

The user can choose to route it one of these ways or use their "Autotrade" feature.

:cool:

#16     Jun 4, 2002
  7. TraderC

TraderC

It seems to me that you already know a lot about IB when you said, "IB has advance routing and always has the latest and greatest. "

Then you pretend you don't know shit about IB by asking basic questions about IB's routing. Who are you trying to fool? You're such a fake.

Why don't you just go to the discussion forum on IB's website and stay there, instead of wasting everyone's time.

#17     Jun 4, 2002
  8. qazmax

qazmax

Don't be mad....

IB has tons of people in here touting them already - getting paid to do it... so I do not need to.

I did used to have an IB account... it is closed now. So I know "about" IB. However, the only knowledge I have of their routing is from there website. I am familiar with what I read. How the stock order routing works specifically is not disclosed by their website nor the phone personnel. The only thing they say is that they do have certain routing. So if people have figured it out via trial and error Ia m interested to hear it.
    It has been IBs tradition to be quick to add new features. E.g. the Primex, not that they necessarily used it wisely...

I started the string as Preferredtrade.com to see if there was a better option for what I want other than PreferredTrade. how else can I compare. I do not believe IB is a good match for me because I like to be in control of the routing. This is why the account is closed.

:)

#18     Jun 4, 2002
  9. qazmax

qazmax

#19     Jun 4, 2002
  10. qazmax

qazmax

No problems with Preferred...
    Seems to be a stable line with good shorting ability.
    Fast executions and good routing choises for both options and stocks.

When will PT trade futures? can we say "e-minis"?
    Better get ready for Single Stock Futures too!!

No Primex however?? what gives PT?
    No NYSE Direct + either?? what gives again?

Better be ready for SuperMontage come July or C-ya!!

:)

#20     Jun 6, 2002