Preemptive Nationalization To Save US - The Shortie Solution

Discussion in 'Politics' started by shortie, Jun 24, 2010.

Nationalize US or Not?

1. Nationalize Now

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  2. Leave Everything The Way It is

30 vote(s)
    65.2%
  3. I prefer not to state my opionion due to fear of political prosecution

11 vote(s)
    23.9%
  1. I agree with everything you said except the "nationalize" part. I think heavy taxation is the only way to 'wake' up the rich. Make them invest in job-creating ventures (or pay 1950's tax rate)

[​IMG]

#41     Jun 24, 2010
  2. do you plan on living >100 years?

you do raise an important issue of the rich leaving the country once they learn that my plan has a chance. i am not sure what to do about that. any suggestions?

#42     Jun 24, 2010
  3. I don't know why no one ever bothers to point this out, but for most folks poverty is age-related.
    As in, you're poor when young, get more prosperous until you're in your 50s, and then gradually start shedding that wealth until you die.
    You can actually see this in the Census figures. I'm too tired to look it up now but if I can I'll find the table that shows this tomorrow. It also accords with real life, of course. Even Bill Gates seems to be going through this cycle. Only Buffett can't seem to get enough.
    Also, poor folks, mostly, are the opposite of classically lazy: they work on jobs with weird shifts, frequently have more than one job, and of course tend more towards manual labor than richer folks. Everyone focuses on the beggars and the welfare folks, but the working poor work hard, regardless of whether they take advantage of food stamps or Medicaid.
    Your average middle class finance guy, OTOH, gets all the holidays, works regular daytime hours, the hardest manual labor he has to do is click the keys on his office computer, he lives in a house with a mortgage subsidized by the government in more ways than I can be bothered to list right now, and of course has a good health care plan in large part because his company gets a tax writeoff on their contribution to his premium.
    He's probably a member of the Tea Party anyway.

#43     Jun 24, 2010
  4. Bob111

Bob111

yes. why not.. sooner than later FOR PROFIT corporations(with no bums in it) will be able to produce and change your organs just like car parts..

here the movie for you,enjoy-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIeics8jHUY&feature=related

#44     Jun 24, 2010
  5. TheMan

TheMan

?????????

why do the rich need to be woken up?

i cant fathom how people think the solution is to take the rich to the wood shed, makes no sense at all. complete and utter bullshit.

shortie proposed his "solution"

here is mine

fire every senator and house rep. re-elect with new laws they have to abide by. no more unlimited perks and all the other corrupt bull shit that is going on.

deport osama and pelosi

elect a new president that is inline with what needs to change. One that has a set of balls, and can do what needs to be done.

close all military bases around the world, bring all the troops home.

all the money that is saved from the military goes into technological defense that we use from here-------------- thats right, we do not go anywhere sticking our nose in other peoples problems. if someone fucks with us, like the taliban, then we send the fucking house after them everyone goes and we squash them in a week. none of this horse-shit of slapping them on the wrists.

we no longer are the worlds crutch, we start looking after ourselves and get shit done here instead of all over the world. fuck the rest of the world.

if the shit hits the fan and its a nuke fest then its a nuke fest and everyone is gone.

enforce our borders

round up and deport all illegal aliens ------- every single one of them

end the irs-------- flat tax or consumption tax--- bada bing bada bang, economy turns around over night.

cut the government down to its knees---------- start over------- small gov't ------ like it was supposed to be in the beginning

if you are poor and do not like the the new America--- then get the fuck out.

if you have money and do not like the new America then get the fuck out.

or we could just do shorties plan :confused:

#45     Jun 24, 2010
  6. wealth redistribution via taxation is done by the government and the govmt is amazingly inefficient at whatever it does. if higher taxes were the answer we would not be in the trouble we are in.

that's the reason i like a major once-every-hundred-year tax however unfair it may seem. after the giant one time tax it is every man for himself to take the best advantage of capitalism.

#46     Jun 24, 2010
  7. Quote from shortie:

you are reciting the situation now. i am trying to look forward.

i think the end of the world as we know it may be near because the system is broken. if the current system were healthy i would vote with both hands to keep it intact. today we could try doing something or just wait and see what happens when the global economic shit hits the fan.

as far as the current poor becoming the new poor in 10 years - that's fine. some will even become poor in 1 year, for others it may take 30-40 years. after they have a clean start it is their problem. but many folks will actually have much better chances to succeede than what they have now. they will be new gates and buffetts. and in 100 years we will reset the scale again.

Ignoring the fact you addressed none of the realities that I said and pretty much none of the very pertinent points of others...

A forum is a place that people are allowed to exercise their right to express their thoughts.

It would be useful if you started a lot fewer threads though, until you received an education, and stopped trying to become a bastion for ignorant thinking. I have seen other of your threads, and you should be blocked from starting polls and threads.

There is a saying that to a child with a hammer, everything looks like a nail. You are currently that person. So I am exercising my right to put you on ignore. No hard feelings.

#47     Jun 24, 2010
  8. after my solution is implemented everybody will pay a flat tax. i hope you are happy.

#48     Jun 25, 2010
  9. #49     Jun 25, 2010
  10. zdreg

zdreg

this is the obama agenda.

during the crisis of 2009 there was talk of the government taking over 401k plans.

#50     Jun 25, 2010