Preemptive Nationalization To Save US - The Shortie Solution

Discussion in 'Politics' started by shortie, Jun 24, 2010.

Nationalize US or Not?

1. Nationalize Now

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  2. Leave Everything The Way It is

30 vote(s)
    65.2%
  3. I prefer not to state my opionion due to fear of political prosecution

11 vote(s)
    23.9%
  1. Bob111

Bob111

where is the challenge? you are proposing just to give everything they have and achieve away to bums and start over again. is that the challenge? pointless and doesn't make any sense.

btw-both of them already giving a lot to the poor. but you want more..you want everything and start over again from scratch...:confused:

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/about/Pages/foundation-fact-sheet.aspx

# Bill Gates, Co-chair
    # Melinda French Gates, Co-chair
    # William H. Gates Sr., Co-chair
    # Jeff Raikes, Chief Executive Officer
    # Warren Buffett, Trustee

#31     Jun 24, 2010
  2. Let's say someone is 65 and has worked and saved hard for 45 years to build up a nest egg - whether 100k, 1 mill, 5 mill, whatever. How do you justify stealing that by force and leaving them in poverty on the verge of retirement?

Their wealth is the accumulated labour of 45 years. By stealing it you are doing exactly the same as enslaving someone in unpaid forced labour for 45 years. Enslaving someone for even 1 year is a horrific crime and would be punished very harshly. And you are proposing doing that about 10-40 times worse, and against over 100 million people not just one.

#32     Jun 24, 2010
  3. i think (but i don't know) that there should be enough wealth in US so that any 65 year old will have a reasonably comfortable retirement. but i do see the problem with older folks. not sure what's the best way of doing it.

my solution is not perfect and there may not be a perfect solution for everybody. i am really afraid that the current system is totally broken and 10-20 years down the road the guy who is 65 now won't have his $5M but instead will be hiding in the woods watching the rioters burn his house.

#33     Jun 24, 2010
  4. TheMan

TheMan

your "solution" is nothing more than a communist wet dream. How you could even think that is a good idea is beyond me.

i would rather shoot looters and rioters than be a communist

#34     Jun 24, 2010
  5. I would like a response to what I said above:

the bottom 50% pay almost no taxes. The top 50% pay almost all the taxes (growing rapidly as income rises). So the govt services, roads, justice systems, debt payments, defense, medicaid, education for the poor, food stamps for the poor, section 8 housing for the poor, welfare for the poor, energy subsidies and a lot of other services all come from the richer.

In addition, most of the jobs that the poor have are likely also from the rich - who start, grow, take risks or fund most of the companies as well as the buildings in which they exist. That also includes the military/govt jobs that the rich also provide by supporting the govt

The top also disproportionately purchases more of the luxury and retail purchases that employs an awful lot of the poor.

If the rich left the country suddenly, the poor would be in a living hell.

If everything was redistributed, the poor would be poor again within 10-20 years.

Your generalization is entirely backwards and entirely wrong.

#35     Jun 24, 2010
  6. you are reciting the situation now. i am trying to look forward.

i think the end of the world as we know it may be near because the system is broken. if the current system were healthy i would vote with both hands to keep it intact. today we could try doing something or just wait and see what happens when the global economic shit hits the fan.

as far as the current poor becoming the new poor in 10 years - that's fine. some will even become poor in 1 year, for others it may take 30-40 years. after they have a clean start it is their problem. but many folks will actually have much better chances to succeede than what they have now. they will be new gates and buffetts.

and in 100 years we will reset the scale again.

#36     Jun 24, 2010
  7. Bob111

Bob111

i don't f*g get it....you propose nationalize everything, make everything equal for everybody..ok...i got that...that's communism..but then-you saying that there is will more gates and buffets..they are from capitalistic world. get this trough your head! CAPITALISM... there is will be no buffet in communism,you idiot..because according to your own shit-we all must share and one who made the dough-have to give it all to losers. are fucking high or just plain stupid?

#37     Jun 24, 2010
  8. you only share once every 100 years. consider yourself unlucky that you live in the generation that has to share this time around.

#38     Jun 24, 2010
  9. Bob111

Bob111

yeah..in your dreams..fuck you..you share your money with bums...I'll move..just like before...just like many russians move in 1917 out of russia look at that country and learn from real example what may happen if all rich people leave...btw-many of them settle here and they done a lot of things for this CAPITALISTIC world..read history once again..show me advanced communistic country..what is the point to work,if you have to share with bums anyway? you didn't explain that..

#39     Jun 24, 2010
  10. TheMan

TheMan

horse shit

if you want to help out the poor so much, walk outside and give a homeless guy half of everything you have.

at least you will have done your part

i cant believe you are still trying to support your "solution"

#40     Jun 24, 2010