PreEarnings Trade NTRI Long

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by chuckles, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qll

qll

what is their whisper numbers?
    is there is whisper# for next q?
    cc sounds really good. they seem to have no expectation of this great increase. growth is already beyond their ability. sounds like they are a target of a buyout now. they will never high another CXO soon. only way to keep the speed is to be bought. any buyer out there looking?

traditionally, i am a position trader, but this cc sounds too good. i don't have time to read their past 10q/k. have to act fast from the first bonce after the first question. only 200 shares though.

#11     Jul 24, 2006
  2. qll

qll

bought another 500 shares at 58.5.
    total now holding 700 shares. 500x58.5 200x56.7

very bullish tomorrow. stop close 54. target 65 and beyond, then technically trading it.

#12     Jul 24, 2006
  3. qll

qll

cc is over. now leave the stock to the hands of stupid day traders now and tomorrow. afterhour resistance is 58.5. wish i was not so excited.

with discipline stop loss. risk is none. loss is only the cost of business not the risk of business.

see NTRI at 65 tomorrow.

#13     Jul 24, 2006
  4. jho

jho

Well you were asking the OP if you should buy or short it. If you have to ask a question like that you shouldn't be in the market, IMO.

I hope this is "fun money" you're playing with, not your retirement money.

#14     Jul 24, 2006
  5. qll

qll

heard the voice of management. heard the questions asked by analysts so i know how professional the management at least sounds and what worry analysts. i am half blind on this trade, but i am not stupid. i just don't have the time to read past fillings yet, but i am willing to risk $4 on a $10 return. -$4x700, only -$2.8k. still has $100k buying power and $700k day buying power to average down if i have to. that is 3:1 and 20:1 ratio i can use for this trade. so risk is well within my tolerence.

the technical charts also confirmed my prediction, so i have to act first then think second.

remember the first question in cc is asked by citi, and citi is buying and FMR is selling, so the buyer is more aggressive than the seller, another confirmation.

to be frank, from the OP's post. OP is just using historic data to guess what will happen next. this may work well in my other low voluem stocks where there is only 1 big trader.

i was mainly a penny trader. now just have some little fun with big guys. penny has higher risk and needs more research. big stocks are a piece of cake for me. in big stocks, there are always some over funded hedge funds to over trade, and there are always trading firms lending $1m to some kids with $5k capital. most of them have no time to read or they don't want to read. they have greed and fear, and i don't.

#15     Jul 24, 2006
  6. I sure hope you didn't buy your 1-2000 shares.

#16     Jul 25, 2006
  7. Artie21

Artie21

This was a reckless trade based on the premise the stock would rebound. A stock that gaps down hard after a long run up can reflect a seachange in investor position to the stock.

Rule 1) Never by a gap down after earnings unless there is serious buying interest in evidence and the stock takes off from its morning low point. fueled by strong buying. Not the case here.
    A gap down can often be the first stop on the road to fast liquidation.

Another case in point: JNJ opens down 10 points on July 19, 2002,
    from fifty to forty. JNJ? They are a true behemonth. I bought that morning and watched bears get mauled the entire week. Major bombs getting tossed. Bulls win this one out

#17     Jul 25, 2006
  8. bttweb

bttweb

i was LONG at NTRI since JUNE 28 @ 57.8

i dont see any time exiting soon..in fact
    my EMAs are all DIVERGING....(uptrend)

#18     Jul 25, 2006
  9. The stock has gone up 2087% in less than 18 months. Can you find any stock that has EVER done that? I can't. The analysts see enormous short-term growth and they just start projecting this same growth way out into the future. It's one huge bubble that looks like it is about to burst. When it does, its going to be real ugly.

Yes I know the chart looks great, but I see big-time red flags here.

#19     Jul 25, 2006
  10. Well there is one stock that has done it but it's price started at .05 per share whereas ntri started its 2078% increase at 2.84. It is PGWC and it is now in a huge downtrend.

#20     Jul 25, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.