Predictions keep going higher and higher!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Nov 18, 2009.

1. At no point did I ever claim I bought or sold the market, stocks, real estate or anything else at tops, bottoms, or anywhere in between.

Everytime someone disagrees with your incredibly awful "next great depression" prediction, you immediately call them names, insult them, and make up false quotes.

Obviously you are a fucking childish loser who can't handle being called out on your 11,000 awful posts for impending doom.

#11     Nov 18, 2009
  2. Sorry to have struck a nerve, Clubba Wang.

You don't know my financial situation, and I don't know yours, but you're living in a glass home when you start throwing stones.

#12     Nov 18, 2009
  3. Incorrect. The job is to have hoarded enough wealth under whatever conditions and have saved enough (or planned enough) to make it through tough times. I see BLSH and some others here as warning that if you haven't got your SHTF plan, you are in deep trouble, because soon..the S will HTF. By that I mean that even if you can trade better than anybody else on earth, but you have not saved enough to last through the coming REALLY bad times...then good trader or no - you screwed yourself! Just my $0.000002.

-gastropod

#13     Nov 18, 2009
  4. BLSH has been beating the same fucking sky-is-falling drum for years and over 10k posts. A broken clock is right twice a day; I prefer to be right the other 22 hours and use good risk management.

#14     Nov 18, 2009
  5. S2007S

S2007S

I have been falling behind on keeping these predictions going on a daily basis.

Amazing how bullish everyone is, remember when we had these same type of foolish predictions in 2007. That was at the time gdp was growing at 4%+ and nearly 96% of the population was working and spending as if money actually fell from the sky...it still does but now its propping up the economy.

S&P Will Reach 1,160 by Year-End: Equity Strategist
    Published: Friday, 4 Dec 2009 | 6:45 PM ET

By: JeeYeon Park
    CNBC News Associate

Many investors are too conservatively positioned to the end of the year, said Thomas Lee, chief U.S. equity strategist at JPMorgan. He told investors where they should be looking.

“Dow 11,000 is a much greater probability in the near-term" than Dow 10,000,” Lee told CNBC.

“When we look at December, we think there’s a lot of pro-cyclical data that’s supporting a really strong recovery. And as you look at early 2010, you’re going to start to see seeds of a potential boom in terms of jobs recovery, so we’re bullish into year-end as well as early 2010.”

Lee said he sees the S&P reaching 1,160 by year-end, and told investors that if payroll numbers were to see a turn, 13 groups will outperform during the first 6-month period, including technology, software, wireless services, specialty and hardline retailers, coal, aluminum, tankers and railroads.

“Gold is part of a risk trade that’s really fueled by extremely 'low-policy' rates globally,” he said.

“So the risk trade looks like it’s going to continue to be pretty strong next year as the dollar continues to be weak. I can’t see how we would argue for a correction in gold prices.”

#15     Dec 6, 2009
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Even Art cashin is getting on the bullish side....

Art Cashin: Rally Can Hold if S&P Breaks Key Level
    Published: Friday, 4 Dec 2009 | 12:52 PM ET
    Text Size
    By: JeeYeon Park
    CNBC News Associate

The Dow soared more than 100 points at the market open on Friday after a government report showed far fewer jobs were lost in November than expected. The U.S. dollar also rose against a basket of currencies after the report, boosting hopes that the recovery is picking up steam.

Art Cashin, director of floor operations at UBS Financial Services, shared his insights on the data and what investors should watch for in the markets.

“We have to wait and see if [the dollar and stock relationship] plays out through the day,” Cashin told CNBC.

“But this is very important—the markets had a very critical juncture and if they can run them back and take the S&P up through the recent high of 1,117, then we’ll see if there’s a range of short covering," Cashin said.

"This could give the market new life and carry the rally into early January. Santa Claus may have come early with this number.”

Cashin said now is the “perfect opportunity” to find out if the markets can soar through the resistance level.

“Then you’ve got a new leg in the rally,” he said. “If they try, and fail, then we may go back into the tunnel.”

#16     Dec 6, 2009
  7. pupu

pupu

What? Inconceivable!

did someone came up with prediction beating my dow 100000 in five years already?

#17     Dec 6, 2009
  8. ipatent

ipatent

BLSH is going to have bragging rights around here before long, IMO.

#18     Dec 6, 2009
  9. "Bragging rights" doesn't pay the bills.

BLSH was super bearish at the March lows and every day since.

If he actually traded, he would have blown up dozens of times over trying to short this runaway market.

He couldn't have possibly been more wrong.

#19     Dec 6, 2009
  10. locally, there's talk of window dressing now till feb, fund mangers are very paticular of their bonuses.

that's not actually far fetched, if their "able" and the media continues to deliver "positive" and "above expectations" data.

#20     Dec 6, 2009