Predictions for tomorrow? (May 7th)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by zxd, May 6, 2010.

How will the U.S. markets perform tomorrow? (May 7th)

1. Up bigtime (250pts+)

22 vote(s)
    18.3%
  2. Up (100-250+)

29 vote(s)
    24.2%
  3. No significant movement (-100-100+)

18 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Down (-100 to -250)

30 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Down bigtime (-250pts)

21 vote(s)
    17.5%
  1. R1234

R1234

Not sure but there should be some news out of Germany before the US stock market opens.

#31     May 6, 2010
  2. #32     May 7, 2010
  3. C'mon, today was an honest mistake, historically Friday before mothers day Dow up 9 of the last 14.

#33     May 7, 2010
  4. 95 traders have voted so far and all 5 choices are about even. I think that pretty much sums up that we are definately going to have a flat day tommorrow if everyone trades as they believe the market will move and if there is no news.

#34     May 7, 2010
  5. JeffUSA

JeffUSA

Looking at the charts and world news I would say anywhere from a down day to a very down day.

Does anyone believe in the plunge protection team?

Also how can an order get entered and executed as 16 billion instead of 16 million? Did you hear about that trading error that supposedly caused the massive drop in PG?

#35     May 7, 2010
  6. Ok, I'm in.

If Asia stays flat, and EU opens flat to down 3-5%, US opens flat to down 4% and holds there, until something major happens in Greece, Germany or GB.

Unless Obama recognizes the new systemic vulnerability today exposed and doesn't allow the markets to open at all.

In that case, US stays flat, and US banks run or not, flip a coin.

But something major will almost certainly happen in Greece, and Germany, and GB, and then again in the US in response.

In this case, the market will do the sum of whatever is possible between now and Monday, before tomorrow's close.

Simple, really, I do not understand what all the fuss is about.

:D

#36     May 7, 2010
  7. I think it will be a hack day. Inside day maybe.

#37     May 7, 2010
  8. CClement

CClement

What do you think of EUR/USD today. Right now euro is worth $1.2698. Do you think it will bounce back? And what do you think will happen if Germany vote for a bailout of Greece when it comes to euro/usd?

#38     May 7, 2010

9. haha "tomorrow will be friday" i like that response.... but i think we obviously see some triple digit numbers up or down depending on these elections and the german vote... oh yeah we also have our own jobs numbers haha but i still say fundamentally this market is ripe for the picking. what has changed domestically with the U.S.???

#39     May 7, 2010
  10. I think the PPT was hard at work today.

The fat finger story sounds like a load of crap. More likely the black box HFT's shut down when the market started dropping and no one was there to make a market.

#40     May 7, 2010