Predictions for tomorrow? (May 7th)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by zxd, May 6, 2010.

How will the U.S. markets perform tomorrow? (May 7th)

1. Up bigtime (250pts+)

22 vote(s)
    18.3%
  2. Up (100-250+)

29 vote(s)
    24.2%
  3. No significant movement (-100-100+)

18 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Down (-100 to -250)

30 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Down bigtime (-250pts)

21 vote(s)
    17.5%
  1. zxd

zxd

NYSE Chief (reported on WSJ) says that tomorrow morning will look very ugly.

What do you think? Maybe a spike the opposite direction ?

2. I would guess -1% and a specially staged photo op of some frazzled trader looking at a quote screen.

3. zxd

zxd

lol, I love those photo ops where people are holding their faces, even though I'm long on this market, I know it's a sick thought.

4. I predict that tomorrow will be Friday. All day.

5. You have to admit though, the currency markets are very, very nervous.

6. The German parliament will be voting on the Greek bailout tomorrow and the US jobs report comes out. It will be an interesting day to say the least.

7. NoDoji

NoDoji

I respectfully disagree. I believe tomorrow will be Friday until approximately 9:31am ET at which point it will quickly jump to Saturday, where it will find very little resistance, run straight to Saturday night, and hit stops through a wide range of bars.

8. It's funny - I'm the opposite. I don't trade very big equity positions, but my system put me short over the last two days. So I did fine (not so much from the crash, but from the broader bear movement). But I always feel bad for that guy, even though I know it's probably a photo op.

9. I think we'll wake up to some deep red futures tomorrow morning, probably down below 1100. I would be very cautious buying the dip overnight. I think Europe will be a total mess tomorrow and that will scare everybody on a Friday morning where traders will look to reduce risk heading into the weekend.

10. MoscowTD

MoscowTD

If trades get busted this is bullshi!

#10     May 6, 2010