Prediction, Romney will get nominated then lose to obama in 2012.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by noob_trad3r, Jan 13, 2012.

1. http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/romne...hore-tax-haven/story?id=15378566#.TxnPbWBOpGH

Romney Parks Millions in Cayman Islands

Although it is not apparent on his financial disclosure form, Mitt Romney has millions of dollars of his personal wealth in investment funds set up in the Cayman Islands, a notorious Caribbean tax haven.

Romney just keeps on giving. Stuff like this just insures Obama 4 more years.

GOP picked another winner. Just like the McCain/Palin package.

When will they learn?

#31     Jan 20, 2012
  2. Epic

Epic

Oh the humanity!!! Romney has investment accounts that aren't domiciled in the US!!! He keeps money in a place that gets him the best return and requires the exact same tax payment?!?!?

When will it end? When will we stop electing such dirtbags?!?!?

#32     Jan 20, 2012
  3. Epic

Epic

As much as the media (and evidently you) want to live in the 80s and call the Caymans a tax haven, that hasn't been the case for many years. Ever since the formation of the OECD in 2000, tax havens have gone the way of the dinosaurs.

But let's not let fact prevent a good bit of demagoguery.

#33     Jan 20, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

:)

I wonder how much money Soros and Buffet have in the Caymans?

#34     Jan 20, 2012
  5. You know, Mr L I have to agree with you again. I hope my President has enough sense to make money, and do whatever is legal to protect his assets. I don't really care about this Cayman islands thing.

c

#35     Jan 20, 2012
  6. OP has a point, Perception is what will kill Romney. To the average working stiff he will come off as some "Elite" caricature of Gordon Gekko from the 1980s who liquidated corporations and sent the jobs to china. And of course while the working stiff is paying 24% tax, this slick elite Wallstreet guy only pays 15% and probably got some bailouts.

This is the perception that Romney will have amongst regular joe, the silent majority who pay much higher than 15% and make less than he does.

Romney is the equivalent of dead money. We will have to brace ourselves for 4 more years of the same Obama.

#36     Jan 20, 2012
  7. Why put money in the Caymans then ?

#37     Jan 20, 2012
  8. Looks like everything is panning out as I predicted.

#38     Sep 11, 2012
  9. <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NOB38zJu66o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#39     Sep 11, 2012
  10. Prediction as expected occured. Obama wins, Romney loses.

#40     Nov 7, 2012