Prediction Based Trading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by stockpredictor, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Hindsight analysis incoming:

Should have shorted Qs instead of AAPL. Qs are correlated but today they were weaker. Eg when AAPL hits its short level, QQQ could be shorted at that time. Qs making a lower low while AAPL making a higher low.

#41     Oct 12, 2020
  2. deltaf0rce

deltaf0rce

Sounds like you could put this in an algorithm. Not sure why someone would manually trade this especially doing odd lots.

#42     Oct 13, 2020
  3. True but I don't know how to do this coding stuff, I just trade with alerts

#43     Oct 13, 2020
  4. More hindsight analysis: It appears that yesterday's XLU short that closed for a loss was the day of the high. One problem with my system is that even if the time targets are met, the price can go the other way before reaching the price target. I've been too used to intraday that I simply closed the trade based on that. You might notice that the level was not shorted the day it touched the level, but the day after; this was because the market opened under that level on the day of the high. I should differentiate between them; looking at the Weekly level, it was a good entry.

As for yesterday's AAPL short, had AAPL not reacted at the level, I probably would have held into today. As it was, it did, and I closed it on the closest intraday base (where the reversal occurred. I did not close it immediately, in the hope that it might run further down). The thing is, the levels typically can be used for intraday, but have swing properties for next-day performance, and in come cases they line up with the Weekly level. Thus, a hybrid system is created. By correlating the general market with its respective levels, better targets and such can be made.

Here's another hypothetical: the Russell. The futures close that hit the level was not the cash session close. Had it been, I would have shorted and held overnight. It appears as an overshoot on the Weekly, but the level reacted on the Weekly level on the Daily timeframe, which is why I would not take the short even though it is above that level. The key is to avoid ambiguity. The signals should ideally line up.

#44     Oct 13, 2020
  5. Still waiting on responses from the skeptics after I posted this link: http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/topic/172876-daytrading-free-money-thread/&
    I understand their frustration because a lot of people aren't as good as me, and they can't believe it is possible to do this. I'll give you a hint: 2 types of strategies are best, the information speed race (Medallion) based on quantitative work, and ancient techniques derived from merchants of old (Thales) based on forecasts. Note that this week's predictive signals are 1/1 so far (AAPL short).

Also, because I proved I'm not a paper trader, I'll post my trades at my own leisure. If you want proof for each and every single call, you don't have to follow me; my 1 week in advance predictive signals do the talking.

#45     Oct 13, 2020
  6. userque

userque

Everyone should be a skeptic. Or should everyone just take everyone else's word for everything they say?

That said, I didn't take that you were referring to me, as I never said that you couldn't be a supertrader. Questioning evidence is not equivalent to a decision, one way or the other.

In my mind:

A blog with only date stamps; not time stamps, would never suffice to support the label: supertrader.

Posting lines on a chart, pre-open; and then, after the close, saying, "look how well my lines did!" No, not the words of a supertrader. Lines are one thing. How well one uses those lines is another. Only real time entry/exit calls will reveal how well one can trade with a set of lines on a chart.

A supertrader will post trades, real time, or use a service like collective2, or other third-party verification tool.

That said:

I haven't really looked at your "lines" yet, (real time entries/exits are so much easier to look at ... or collective2) but when I do, I'll report back here, and give you your due props.

Based on your quote:
    ... this thread should be interesting :D

#46     Oct 13, 2020
  7. deltaf0rce

deltaf0rce

I don’t think anyone is actually following you, or you wouldn’t have reincarnated a thread that was dead for 10 hours.

#47     Oct 13, 2020
    themickey likes this.
  8. Man, I hadn't realized the timestamps implication (no sarcasm). It would be easy to make it look like something incredible. However, there are some trades there that show unused lines which subsequently generate trades later, and thus it can be seen that they were not generated after the fact. Let us not forget multiple calls for red days in the bull market, which worked out as well.

#48     Oct 13, 2020
  9. Irrelevant. A man's honor must be upheld, regardless of whether his enemies vanish, for onlookers shall always look.

EDIT: Keep in mind, the mod says at the end that only the restored backup made things disappear. Also, there are tons of trades on there that I called a day or more in advance, so no timestamp is not a problem at all.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    #49     Oct 13, 2020
  10. userque

userque

You're doing it wrong. Don't make the crowd work to be impressed by you. Simply post one (at least) real time position entry/exit etc. per day. (The more calls, the more amazing your potential becomes.) If you're holding overnight, then entry one day, exit the other ... you get the picture. Real time.

Your skeptics can't argue with real time posts before their very eyes...like they can with a sometimes up, sometimes down website, with old posts without time stamps.

Simple.

I'm ready to be amazed.

[​IMG]

#50     Oct 14, 2020