Predicting Trending Days using Pivot Range Width

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by FaderTrader, Mar 28, 2006.

1. @steve,
    I missed one case.... medium enhanced results if yesterday and 2 days ago was an inside. May be useful for you guys.

One Inside Bar is not enough (nowadays)

#11     Mar 29, 2006
  2. Okay then:

Couple of things quickly

First, my own research parallels yours. I also look for multiple occurrences of inside bars.

Second, you are among select company of folks who actually have the skills and the willingness to get off their butts and test for themselves. Good for you.

Finally, I would recommend that you (or anyone) get a copy of Tony Crabels book ("Daytrading with Short Term Price Patterns and Opening Range Breakout" and simply go through the chapters testing the ideas. What you will find is that many of the trading setups are no longer good, but that variants on each theme lead to interesting results. DO NOT pay up for the book. You can find copies cheap and their is a version on the internet.

Good luck
    Steve

#12     Mar 29, 2006
  3. Steve,
    i have a pdf of this book, and it`s hard stuff to go through all this tables, but i learned my lessions and found some own ways to predict volatility (to some degree..). It`s of the same (if not more...)importance not only to know how to trade, but to know when not to trade, so I sit a lot on hands now.

@FT, it`s also a good idea to look at LBR (Linda Raschke), she works a lot with some basic of Crabel`s stuff, NR4, NR7, coiling of market, market compression and there is a lot of free educational stuff on her site i find quite worthful.

good luck
    Michael

#13     Mar 29, 2006
  4. FT,
    A very last hint, the day of week stuff, the last ~15-18 months, mondays had the lowest range of the week, breakouts performed very poor on mondays, but in 2002, mondays had the largest range and breakouts did very fine on mondays, so look into the marketconditions and find out why.....

Michael

#14     Mar 29, 2006