Predicting markets - impossible

Discussion in 'Trading' started by torontoman, Jul 24, 2005.

1. What gave you the idea that simple recombinations/regurgitations of past price and volume would offer you any hint about the future in the first place? Unless you are assuming you can be faster than the "crowd" that uses those same methods -- but like others have mentioned, you are a bit behind the times.

#31     Jul 24, 2005
  2. 2 points.

1. I agree that predicting market is not possible, even to the next price tic.

2. I do think returns above 15% are possible though I have never achieved them. I've never done better than break even on my live acct so far, though I do think my future returns will be humongous.

Professor Coinz

#32     Jul 24, 2005
  3. ozzy

ozzy

I think if you can make 35% per year throughout your career as a trader than you can be considered a good trader. Anything above 50% per year is great. With that being said I'm sure there are ppl who average 100% + per year. Like life anything is possible.

Although these numbers may make some peoples mouths water. They are not the norm. The human brain is designed to lose when it comes to the markets and very few can modify their behaviour in time to become sucessful.

ozzy

#33     Jul 24, 2005
  4. designed to LOSE??

LMAO :D

where did you come up with that???

#34     Jul 24, 2005
  5. FCCT

FCCT

Although I think a 15% annually is very attainable one thing for sure is nobody can gaurantee 15% or any amount while invested in stocks...

#35     Jul 24, 2005
  6. ozzy

ozzy

I would say that deduction was made based on experience, meeting people, seeing how they think, how they talk etc, in combination with their acount balances.

#36     Jul 24, 2005
  7. Are you telling me that there are people making 35% consistently?

#37     Jul 24, 2005
  8. ozzy

ozzy

Absolutely (but there is an upper threshold, once that point is reached the growth/return will decrease as I mentioned before).

P.S I'm probably not the best person to answer some of these questions. My views/approach on trading are completely different than the masses.

#38     Jul 24, 2005
  9. Toronto,

It is more than possible to do much better than the 15% you mention (many multiples of that in fact), but with the methods you stated, you are barking up trees miles from where you need to be.

D

#39     Jul 24, 2005
  10. The best trader that I know (personally) makes 30-50k per month on a 200k account.

He has done so for the last 7 years.

#40     Jul 24, 2005