Predicting markets - impossible

Discussion in 'Trading' started by torontoman, Jul 24, 2005.

1. ozzy

ozzy

Tape reading is a dish best served with size. Once you get the hang of it you will be laughing. Sling 100-200 contracts get out in 30 seconds do this 5-10 times a day and you will feel like a black man with a 10" schlong.

This approach is not for everyone it takes big balls and a whole lot of experience. I'm currently working on becoming proficent at this style and I can see that it requires a lot of work and discipline.

o to the z

#21     Jul 24, 2005
  2. No trader knows the future but you can trade probability profitably if you have an edge and control your lose.

Sure this sounds vague but this exits.

As far as your claims of 15% per year you may want to re-think that stupid statement.

There are MANY hedge fund managers that blow that number away as evidenced by audited statements.

#22     Jul 24, 2005
  3. If all you could make was 15% then there would not be a wall street. Shysters didn't invent this game for peanuts.

#23     Jul 24, 2005
  4. Great point! Jay Gould would certainly agree.

#24     Jul 24, 2005
  5. ozzy

ozzy

I'm suprised at some of the statements made on ET. People should understand that this is no walk in the park. You are swimming in a pool that is infested with sharks. To beat them at their game you also have to become a shark (if not worse).

Do have what it takes to make it? If you don't save yourself the time and frustration.

ozzzz

P.S its possible to make 1000% per year and then some (fuck 15%)
    P.P.S of course there is a limit to this. Return/growth will decrease relatively with account size.

#25     Jul 24, 2005
  6. 15% is nothing

#26     Jul 24, 2005
  7. do %'s matter that much. If you are with a prop shop or whatever can give you BP, percentage probably don't mean much. If you have a mill in BP and make 9% a year, hey thats not a bad living. Try getting that in corporate america when you're in your 20's. Not likely.

#27     Jul 24, 2005
  8. If 15% consistent profits are substandard to yu guys, what is standard?

#28     Jul 24, 2005
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Good point Samson. (But I'm sure you meant losses.):cool:

#29     Jul 24, 2005
  10. VictorS

VictorS

there are some pretty talented fund managers that dont get that 15% consistently.

#30     Jul 24, 2005