Predicting intraday price movement

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by vedanta, Mar 2, 2006.

1. duard

duard

Charlie,

Peace.

You are so right on this.

#41     Mar 18, 2006
  2. Franz Shoar

Franz Shoar Traders International

In order to predict the market move you need to have few criterias to be able to do it.
    1- Deal with one market so you get to know the personality of it
    2- keep a good data either manually or use of computer to help you record the moves that are most consistantly happens(using a computer makes it much easier)
    3-Know when during the day is more consistant pattern shows up
    4- knowing all this is useless unless psycologically you can keep yourself in the trade. Set your stop and limit and wait for ultimate result.

If you are able to study it for few months and simulate trade it, you could be looking for a 1-5% per day consistantly with hardly any losing day.:)

#42     Mar 18, 2006
  3. Franz, it that really you, dumb question, but I had to ask?

I am sorry I wasn't with my trading buddy at the Vegas expo to talk with you. My friend Steve said are a genuine guy. I'm impressed that a guy who makes a much as you do will take time to speak with fellow traders.

How do you handle those days when you are down at one point over 100k, as I have heard you have had, only to come back plus 50k? Is it the confidence in TI/your system from testing data? Mental/psychology exercises? Please tell me, I would really appreciate it. I re-read your post, but I wonder if there is more to it than what you have already posted?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

#43     Mar 18, 2006
  4. For entertainment purposes I checked out the above site. It seemed awfully convenient that they get two attempts per day to predict the Closing Trend i.e. one at 10AM and another at 12:15PM EST. I also found it interesting that their historical track record does not show both calls for each day - it simply states whether the "Call" was correct. It would be extremely easy for them to create a table that shows the accuracy of each call and how many points up/down the markets closed relative to the timing of each call. If this information was available ... I'd seriously consider checking it out further.

Regards,

Slave2Market

#44     Mar 18, 2006
  5. A study has shown that 94.6 % of traders know exactly where price is going , but only 3.2 % execute properly.

Thus knowing , is a nearly worthless skill.

Executing? Ahhhhh.

#45     Mar 18, 2006
  6. a lot better read tonight from all........thanks a lot.......finally people making sense unlike most of other forums........good stuff......get the picture that produces points in your head and wait for it to appear.........pull the trigger..........learn where the cheap stops that work are to placed..........trailing stops is okay but not the big money maker..........

#46     Mar 18, 2006
  7. I just got home after hitting a jumbo bucket of golf balls at a wonderful lighted practice range. I grab some cookies and a glass of ice water, then I turn on my computer and find this garbage post by a moron who doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. I, Rennick was responding to a good question by the author of this thread. I, Rennick gave a positive review of a service that quite frankly I find amazing. They post every call that they make in their record archive which you as Joe Blow guy on the internet is able to review. That kind of honesty and transparency is unheard of, especially in this business of liars, con artists, stock brokers, and jackballs who can post BS on the internet. If you would have read the instructions on the top of the Record page you would have known to hover your cursor over the daily chart for the pop up table that you say doesn't excist. I should know I check it every morning to see if I agree with their judgement on the accuracy of the previous days call. The 10 am call your are so confused about was added about 2 weeks ago to forecast the Morning trend, the 12:15 is for the afternoon trend. Both calls are judged seperately for accuracy.
    Normally I could give two hoots about someone slamming something, but since I was the one giving the site a thumbs up based on my personal experience I feel I should set this Moron straight. I'm a satisfied customer, next time I'll think twice before I endorse something or mention any names.

...Rennick out

ps. I regret calling you a moron but I felt that my integrity was questioned by some jackass on the internet,,ooops there I go again.

#47     Mar 19, 2006
  8. Remiraz

Remiraz

Actually, studies have shown that 99% of traders in the London Stock Exchange are no difference from traders entering/exiting randomly. (Discovery Channel :p)

#48     Mar 19, 2006
  9. Your hostile response speaks volumes ... unfortunately, it's Morons like you who cause traders like me to rarely post useful information on this site!

There is no table that summarizes the calls and the market change relative to when the call was made. One can hover the cursor over the chart and briefly read the pop-up before it disappears, but as I stated, a simple table summarizing the results would be extremely easy to provide. Why does the potential customer need to manually tabulate the results to determine the usefulness of the service? It is my mistake for not scrolling down to the very bottom of the Record page to notice that they started reporting the 10AM calls.

Good luck with your trading ... you'll need it!

Regards,

Slave2Market

#49     Mar 19, 2006
  10. Guarantee, predicting, forecasting....

What does this spell?

ummmm....

GUPRFO

#50     Mar 19, 2006