Predicting gold and silver prices with trendlines and S/R!

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by 1a2b3cppp, Apr 28, 2013.

1. As you know from my journal with live calls, I trade as if price is random.

As you know from following that journal, I bought some USLV the other day and am thinking about buying some gold, too.

Just for fun, let's try to predict the movement of silver and gold with trendlines and S/R.

Here's a chart of gold since price dropped the other day:

Some of the lines seem to be working, and I've removed most of the ones that didn't to make the chart look better.

[​IMG]

And here is silver:

[​IMG]

I drew a lot of lines because I had no way of knowing which ones would end up being useful or not.

2. 1) That's the "rub". It randomly "works" some of the time. :(
    2) If you draw enough trendlines and support/resistance zones, something is likely to randomly "work". :eek:

3. Redneck

Redneck

S&R and/or lines both horizontal and diagonal = are context (and not the only context btw)

Context shows where, and how – participants acted

Context shows where “potentially” participants could act again – in either the present – or future

Context has no predictive value – iow; How…, or even if – participants will act – in either the present or future

Context is not a set up

Price could always respect…, deny/ ignore…, appear to deny/ignore then respect.., appear to respect then deny… become indecisive…, or show no interest in getting close to – our context

===================================================

We never (well at least I don’t);

Solely trade context…, or assume price will do something just because of context

Naz

I thought better of you than that old – put enough lines on a chart and something gotta work stchick

RN

4. Sir, I hereby grant to you the distinction of ..... Lord God Context Meister. :cool:

5. It's almost as if you're saying they're not reliable.

I wonder if the price predictors know this?

But seriously, that previous support is now acting as resistance for gold:

[​IMG]

And silver:

[​IMG]

6. This is what my chart would look like if I were trying to sell a course:

[​IMG]

7. Silver is making lower highs and lower lows on a 500 volume chart:

[​IMG]

Is this a downtrend? Should these pullbacks be shorted?

But wait until the next post for another way to look at it.

8. Look at this. This price has been S and R many times, and even though silver is making lower lows, the last one was right on the line so maybe it's going to make a higher high now rather than continuing its downtrend:

[​IMG]

9. There are many places where the market crossed the "line" but you didn't draw arrows.....random application, random effectiveness. :( :)

10. I don't know if that counts. I've seen price action charts where price goes through a line and then bounces off of it again. Is that line still valid? If resistance flips to support price has to cross it at one point.

#10     Apr 29, 2013