Predatory Trading System Invented

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by MarkBrown, Jan 2, 2011.

1. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

to get it right - there were well over 1mm email subscribers. that was one yea after the release. actually the system got better and better from release up to the one million mark then it deteriorated.

there were subscribers from every country and many mit gov mil boa ing and a ton of people from boing i remember - i was fascinated by all the 3 letter domains and spend my days hitting their web sites to see who they were. i think at peak the list had about 1.7mm when i flipped it off.

m

#41     Jan 4, 2011
  2. It looks like there are trend followers. These followers, according to MB are poor entry pickers in trends that ultimately are profitable trends.

MB is going to be a predator (a hummingbird among the geese) in this trend following situation whereby he emphasizes taking advantage of the countertrend opportunity of trends. his most difficult challenge was detecting his prey, he says.

Thus, dealing with making money using countertrends in established trends (the trend followers here are more plebian than others) comes down to Detecting prey and notupsetting the applecart entirely.

Previously I commented on my personal experience with unfocussed government profiling noobies. I don't think these people would find MB out of line today since he is just using an aspect of trend following in which his focus is a countertrend period.

The profile I got cited for was "insider" trading. Relative to trends, this occurs before the trend commences and is part of frontrunning in stocks.

I was never cited for frontrunning indexes. It is cetainly more dynamic and fun as TD80 suggests. (Google the freeware code under "Stretch/Squeeze")

It was interesting to learn that the hourly calls on the Oddball e-mail system untimately was working at the capacity of the market MB was controlling through the trades of his minions. I wonder if cutting off 1.7 million traders affected the markets they no longer participated in or if MB couldn't use his predicating on the markets any more.

W. J O'N provides huge pools with his institutional services, but I do not think he takes advantage of those pools in any way. I really like the advantage of using his prognostications simply for making money directly.

I never thought of "frontrunning" QA determined stocks as a predator type of thing. Frontrunning to me is just the matter of taking advantage of the lead/lag relationship of market variables. I like the idea that an early signal gives a person so much time to obtain positions at multiples of the market capacity well before the change in price of the trend begins to occur and at the time the trend is ending.

I assume during my profit accumulation and where temporary retraces come to an end, that if and when MB shows up on the T&S, my positions will be "pushed" by both his arrival and departure. I particularly like watching the countertrenders stem the moves and then seeing the climax runs that follow that would otherwise not be likely.

Carving the end of a climax run (See O'Neil, yet again) when dealing in competiion with countertrendrs is especially fun. Google for the associated freeware now available.

The coded inventions are always fun to pick through since they are always filled with the kinds of tips previously mentioned by other contributors to this kind of thread.

I really dig how MB got the idea to be a predator of his email service. Oddball is such a cool name too. I'm looking forward to hummingbird or cow insect eater or whatever the tag is going to be. I see something like a facebook type MB operate hub for predator style traders.

I have a raven maven feeling already.

#42     Jan 5, 2011
  3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

new predatory system invented by someone other than myself - it's called "Jack Ass" and it resides right here on the Elite Trader forum and is paid on a per post basis so it's impossible to beat cause the operator is so desperate to generate income so he can pay his back taxes.

#43     Jan 14, 2011
  4. ammo

ammo

i'm pretty sure that the owners of the electronic book order flow data have been doing this for over a decade

#44     Jan 14, 2011