Predatory Trading System Invented

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by MarkBrown, Jan 2, 2011.

1. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

oh great the loons have arrived......... to disembowel the the gifted one no doubt.

#31     Jan 3, 2011
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

I just don't get it! A thread looks promising, and the wacky come in and try to blow it up with nonsense!:confused:

I like to learn something new all the time, but it's difficult when I have to sift through wierdness. Can we keep the thread on topic????

My Grandfather, God rest his soul, used to say, "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything." Guess that was when common sense was actually common...:(

#32     Jan 3, 2011
  3. i asked some legitimate Qs and they were ignored. I guess MB just seeks attention if he focuses on useless arguments.

i will give MB one more chance to clean up his act before i move this thread to Chat.

:D

#33     Jan 3, 2011
  4. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

stupid comment shortie there i answered.

#34     Jan 4, 2011
  5. what about my first comment?

#35     Jan 4, 2011
  6. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i dont have a comment about oddball cause this thread is not about that. i was just using it as an example of a wildly popular method that was so heavily traded there were no more contracts to trade when it fired off.

so i say there were a million people on the subscription i stand by that easily. when you make money for over two years on a free web site you get followers.

shorty - LEGITIMATE - really? the useless arguments are from a holes like you jack and his miss mod - does barron pay all you guys to post or just jack?

#36     Jan 4, 2011
  7. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

by nature most predator systems are counter trend because most system traders are trend followers. trend followers inherently pick the worst possible place in the short term to be filled on a position that may prove to be profitable in the long term.

the turtles are a very good group to study if you want to see this method at work.

m

#37     Jan 4, 2011
  8. let me just make sure i got it right. did 1 million people subscribe to a free website where Oddball system calls were shown to all subscribers of that website? did 1 million people directly subscribe to this system? what year was it? 2002? Is there some data that demonstrates for example that when only 20K people subscribed the system was working but slowly deteriorated as the number of subscribers reached 1M?

#38     Jan 4, 2011
  9. TD80

TD80

Certainly there have been systems developed to counter specific trend-following entries (the anti-Turtle short term reversion system comes to mind).

What is more interesting is the topic of dynamically detecting large imbalances being created by systematic orders in real-time and adapting to these events as they morph and change.

#39     Jan 4, 2011
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

actually Baron has the site up 24/7 so you can sneak in and ply your trade.

#40     Jan 4, 2011