Prechter's case for a bear market...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chasinfla, Jun 10, 2002.

1. "Since it takes a drawn out series of events to solidify
    general sentiment, it will usually take another drawn out
    series of events to turn that sentiment around."

I agree Darkhorse. I've been questioning the idea that we must have some big drop, huge volume, high VIX capitulation day(s) before we head up again. I see the stock market now like I do some stocks that just sort of flame out on low volume, low interest, low level basing, and then take their time getting revived.

"I've never had so much fun as I'm going to have tomorrow!"
    - Dennis the Menace

#11     Jun 11, 2002
  2. trdrmac

trdrmac

So tonight's special is how to pick a bottom. If they had a special on slapping bottoms I would be willing to miss my nap.:) But I am pretty sure that having a special does not a market bottom make.

The only true way to "Call the Bottom" is to wait for Munder Funds to start advertising their NEW Deluxe Double Down Ultra Short Fund. Then you will know it is time to load up the screen.

#12     Jun 11, 2002

3. I have this image of Ron Insana crooking a finger as he drops trou, Bartiromo doing a play by play...

#13     Jun 11, 2002
  4. I remember when they were on location in south fla during the roaring 00's...and everyone's hairspray -- even the men's -- gave out.

#15     Jun 11, 2002
  5. +DJ Buffett: This Year Will Be 'Pretty Good' For Berkshire

(MORE) DOW JONES NEWS 06-11-02
    06:57 PM- - 06 57 PM EDT 06-11-02

#16     Jun 11, 2002
  6. 3dog

3dog

No way do even dream that I am in his league, but isn't it ironic how now it's time for him to talk the market up, after he just talked it down with his nuke statements....

#17     Jun 11, 2002
  7. vinigar

vinigar

Anybody listen to Abby Cohen of Goldmans?...she caught a lot of hell last year for calling the downfall of the early 2001 market. But she was right. Now she is saying everything is 20 % undervalued and is bullish. Think she can get it right twice in a row?

#18     Jun 12, 2002
  8. trdrmac

trdrmac

3dog,

Not sure if you saw the interview (replay on Friday on CNBC) but he did not talk it up. He actually implied that we were in for years of stagnation. Indicating that the market went no where from like 1966 to 1981. Not to say that a nimble trader can not make money, but it will probably be harder than it was in the 90s.

It was a good interview, Buffet is really the antithesis of most of the people on Wall Street.

#19     Jun 12, 2002
  9. Rigel

Rigel

Bad sentiment and dog kicking are at nosebleeding highs now. "EVERYBODY" says don't do it, don't buy. The Motley Fools were even on TV the other night recommending that people buy CD's, and that people don't mess with this "dangerous" market.
    All this seems to me to be very bullish, but who knows.

#20     Jun 12, 2002