Prechter wrong again--this IS a top, and a major one

Discussion in 'Trading' started by panamaorange, Apr 8, 2010.

1. just21

just21

Prechter was right in January this year, but broken clocks are right twice a day.

#41     Apr 11, 2010
  2. #42     Apr 11, 2010
  3. Emotions can cloud judgement and prevent a trader from being creative because the mind can not allow normal thought to occur. Emotions over-ride logical thought.

Trend reversals usually occur slowly, in stages as the underlying psychlogy shiftes gears.

Why tie up you capital. Wait for the reversal.

#43     Apr 11, 2010
  4. noddyboy

noddyboy

technically, it depends on how it is broken. If it loses a minute each day but keeps moving, even less than twice a day. :p

#44     Apr 11, 2010
  5. ChampM

ChampM

I'm not a good wave counter. Prechter and Neely both seem to find a lot of wiggle room -- Neely is calling for more sideways than down. Interesting post at http://www.rangetraders.com/blog.

I'm a cautious bull.

#45     Apr 11, 2010
  6. Ive called every major swing market turn since august. Every time Ive been told "the TREND is clearly ______"

If buying in the direction of the trend was the only way to trade, who has been selling on every approach to dow 11k, over the last few weeks? Why, with JPM and GS buying in the SPX pit, all week, couldn't we print 11001 one time???

Exactly 2 weeks ago, i flipped from bullish to strongly bearish

This was based on action in Bonds,Vix, Yen, and Dollar.

Also, new certainty that Russian/China iran sanctions would pass (preventing a sudden Israeli strike on Iran). 20.00 dollars of every barrel of oil is from speculators betting on that airstrike!. This airstrike has pushed back to 2011 at the soonest.

We didn’t need Greece to implode, for a crash.

As of tonight, bonds and yen futures should be gapping down. They’re not. Gold futures are only up 2 dollars over their high. Dollar index is refusing to break 80.00–after many attempts.

I’m seeing many claims of–
    “The short side is too crowded !!!!”

http://tiny.cc/m79he

Its not

#46     Apr 11, 2010
  7. I post my Calls on twitter, and stocktwits. I lurk on elite trader, and ticker forums. I always avoided posting on these 2 as much as possible.,for fear of being drawn into some kind of ego based flame war.
    And here i am defending my ego. Ironic.

http://twitter.com/panamaorange

#47     Apr 11, 2010
  8. Its like any predictions forecasting, a lot of hedged calls.

#48     Apr 11, 2010
  9. Please tell us all how it is that you KNOW with certainty that JPM and GS have been buying in the S&P pit. You act as if they are not working orders on behalf of customers, let alone are facilitating a large program order for them that necessitates hedging via S&P futures.

Get real.

#49     Apr 12, 2010
  10. Benign

Benign

Listen to what market says not what Prechter or anyone else say.

#50     Apr 12, 2010