Pre-Workout Supplement?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Trader13, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Trader13

Trader13

Any suggestions for a before-workout supplement? I read that beta-alanine and taurine are good. I'm looking for a supplement with both of these ingredients, and preferably not loaded with other things like caffeine, etc.

2. D-bol :D

3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

This is the one I'm currently using:

I know it doesn't technically say "preworkout" on the label but it's what I use because it's basically the same ingredients as a lot of preworkout powders but without any stimulants at all.

Trader13 likes this.
  4. You're asking for a conundrum -- you want to be stimulated, but not stimulated.

As always, make sure you are thoroughly hydrated -- don't wait till you're thirsty to drink.

Drink a milk whey protein shake or meal replacement drink about an hour and a half before working out, you should feel fine and strong and energized for that pump.

Or drink some orange juice with a serving scoop of creatine in it, and eat a roll of bread. Creatine intake and carbs compliment each other, you need that glucose transport.

The above are all fine as preworkout supplements. -- what you don't want to do is eat a whole hardfood meal...that takes time to digest.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    Trader13 likes this.
  5. Trader13

Trader13

Thanks for input. I ordered a couple tubs of this stimulant-free pre-workout supplement as it contains what I wanted (beta-alanine, creatine, taurine) without any caffeine. Good for early evening workouts where caffeine might affect sleep. This brand got good ratings by Labdoor, but unfortunately was not reviewed by ConsumerLab.

http://www.nutrabio.com/product/PRESF/

I'll post back in 6 weeks to let you know how it worked for me.

6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Sounds good. There's a love/hate relationship with most preworkout powders so you'll probably know within the first week or two whether you like it or not.