Pre-trading Rituals?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by aphexcoil, Sep 16, 2002.

1. I was curious what pre-trading rituals people have? I am going to start trading ES futures in about a week or so and I think I'm going to go to the gym around 6:30am and do some running to get the blood flowing before I come back and sit in front of the screen all day.

Does anyone have any rituals they do each day before trading begins (i.e. prayer, jogging, coco-puffs, glass of wine, valium, etc).

Thanks for answering!

2. I drink a cup of tea. It doesn't sound like a big deal but I have to have my tea prior to sitting down at the screens.

Runningbear

3. cheeks

cheeks

a bowl of Fruit Loops and Sportscenter.:)

4. gotta go for a mile run...then at least a pot of coffee..then the screens come next...and any time before the open i enjoy watching CNBC belive it or not..it gets me pumped up...

5. alain

alain

first thing when I wake up I look that all my machines are running well. then I open all the software and set everything up that it is ready. Then I go for a easy 30 minutes run with some martial arts combined. Then when i get back I take a shower.. eat breakfast.. broush my theeth... and then I see that I'm ready at least 15 minutes before the open. But I have always been doing that not necessary for trading...

6. The edge

The edge

Always clean the pipes before trading commences. That way any tension you may have won't have you to leave in the middle of an important trade.

7. LeesonTrader

LeesonTrader Guest

I take a monster dump.

8. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

I just KNEW this thread would end up in the category of
    "Too much information!" or "More than I needed to know"

How bout something that's really a ritual:
    Pentagrams and chicken blood?
    Lucky shirts?
    Circle the workstation 3 times counterclockwise then hop on one leg for 21.7 seconds?
    Rub the head of the red-headed trader next to you?
    :D

9. m22au

m22au

We get a tradesperson to do this once a month for us. You must live in a windy city if leaves are clogging up your pipes on a daily basis.

10. horseman

horseman

I play minesweeper. Gets the brain in gear.

#10     Sep 16, 2002