pre-market gaps

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 29, 2001.

1. Is it possible in RealTick to generate a list of stocks gapping pre-market?

2. yes

3. EOM

4. Geez Nic could you eloborate a little for poor AAA?!
    In any market minder you can add a column for any gap the stock is experiencing from prior day's close. It is calculated based on the current bid price vs the closing price. So, this column will give you the amount of gap occuring for a list of (your pre-selected) symbols in the Market Minder.

Or, if you want to search for gapping stocks, you can click on "help" then "symbol guide" and type "Gap" in as a pattern search. The search will return-among other things-a list of the top 20 gapping stocks for Nasdaq NMS and small cap, Amex and NYSE. The list is dynamic as it will change during the course of pre-market activity as the bids of stocks change with activity etc.

5. Didn't mean to be abrupt. I am assuming he doesnt have RT or he would have already checked the manual. If he doesnt have it, its not going to do me any good to tell him how to do it.:D

6. If I had a nickel for every time a trader/customer called MarketWise (where I used to work) to ask "how do I set up a level 2 box"....or "how do I tie my chart to my level 2 box so it automatically updates when I drag a symbol..." etc. I would be trading one fat account.

It is the nature of most to not want to consult manuals for some strange reason...strange because it is often the easiest way to get the answer!

7. DAT,

Thanks, I forgot about that feature.

8. Or, if you want to search for gapping stocks, you can click on "help" then "symbol guide" and type "Gap" in as a pattern search. The search will return-among other things-a list of the top 20 gapping stocks for Nasdaq NMS and small cap, Amex and NYSE. The list is dynamic as it will change during the course of pre-market activity as the bids of stocks change with activity etc.

You mean a name search, which will give you a chain symbol, which you can than drop into a market minder?

voodoo

9. DAT,

I'm afraid that doesn't work. You just get a chain symbol and they don't seem to work pre-market. I did spend a good bit of time in the help file to no avail. I'll cal TAL when i get a chance and see what they say.

10. AAA
    its been a little while since I used RT and the gap feature but if i remember right you just open a quote window and in the root area of the options window you type $Gapup or $Gapdn. I got realtick from Townsend rather than a broker. I know with some brokers you dont get all the features.:(

#10     Oct 30, 2001