pre-market charting

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by riskreward, Aug 8, 2003.

1. Anybody know of any charting package that does pre-market charting?

2. Toonces

Toonces

Lots of 'em...Real Tick, Tradestation, eSignal, Tracktrade are the ones I know of. Are you willing to pay?

3. I've got AT tick charts. I was hoping not to pay up too much since I only need it for an hour or so and not all the time. But if I have to, yeah, I'll pay up.

4. Toonces

Toonces

eSignal would be the cheapest. If you do go with them, make sure you get the package that has advanced charting. I believe their eSignal Basic platform (which is cheaper) has charting that is very limited, and doesn't include pre/postmarket data. I think it's eSignal Equities that has the advanced charting with pre/postmarket data.

5. Lancer

Lancer

riskreward, forget RealTick. It will chart e-minis in pre/post, but if you want to chart equities, you sure won't like it, and they won't fix it. eSignal is the choice, no question.

6. I use the E-sig/Investor RT combo

Michael B.

7. QuoteTracker supports premarket charting with many datafeeds including IQFeed, DATEK/Ameritrade (NASDAQ Only), Money.net, CyberTrader and many others.

http://www.quotetracker.com/

And would be hard to beat the price - the software is free. Datafeeds are either free (if brokerage) or all under $25 with exchange fees (unless you go for futures)