Pre-market / After Hours ES PA....The hidden gem uncovered

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wiesman02, May 8, 2010.

1. joe4422

joe4422

Other than the 8 point sell off of the 1167 area, great call. I guess you just hold through the 8 point draw down?

#41     May 13, 2010
  2. No subscriptions boys. I promise. My purpose of this thread is 2 fold

1) Throw out some ideas for those looking to become more profitable in the ES.

2) Keep me at my A game. By forcing myself to do these analyzations, its also helping me as a trader. I'm still working on consistant profitability. Not quite there yet.

Some ideas for tomorrow. I highly doubt we will continue moving up tomorrow. If the after hours and pre-market PA sticks in this 1168-1171 range w/o any other movement, we'll have a really nice down trending day tomorrow. Perhaps a no demand upthrust couldn't hurt pre-market.

But more than likely, we'll see this fall back to the 200ema on the 15 min chart. I'll post a chart in the AM.

Even if this does push over 1172 after hours and hold pre-market, I still believe we sell off. But i'll have more info tomorrow !

#42     May 13, 2010
  3. iggy9807

iggy9807

I've been making a lot of great calls myself lately. Such as I shorted at 1184 AH on May 25th and set 1161 as my target. That could have been a beautiful trade indeed. Except I added a trailing stop and got stopped out at a small loss :(

Anyhow, I think this kind of easy target setting will be over soon. Once volatility subsides and big funds start algo buying. Just a hunch.

One thing I noticed that previous lows/highs seem to hold outside RTH but they get taken out during RTH (with an immediate reversal) which requires wider stops.

#43     May 27, 2010
  4. iggy9807

iggy9807

Forgot to add a chart for my could-have-been-perfect trade.
    As I said I shorted at 5pm on the 25th and was shooting for 1061. Why? it's just above a 50% retracement of the preceding rally. The market actually dipped a bit lower but I got shaken out just before 10 am.

As they say, trailing stops are a bad idea most of the time.

• es.png
      File size:
      5.7 KB
      Views:
    #44     May 27, 2010