Pre-market / After Hours ES PA....The hidden gem uncovered

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wiesman02, May 8, 2010.

1. nope. Truthfully, I dont even know why I bother having volume on my charts. I find very little value in it.

Most important things to me are
    1) the type of day yesterday's trading day was
    2) where is price in relation to A/D areas
    3) pre-market / after hours PA patterns

#31     May 11, 2010
  2. some lines and drawings on this chart so I dont have to redraw them tomorrow, and just have to provide my thoughts.

Dotted lines are pivots.

The thin light blue line reprsents an important A/D area. This afternoon we reversed, and pushed down. Well that 1152-1155 area was a consolidation area. So according to me, that sets up an important A/D area. If we get a push through there pre-market it COULD set up a bullish trend. As w/e shorts there are from the afternoon session will cover, and new buyers should enter in.

The light green line represents an important s/r area, thus far in the overnight session that will play out again somehow in tomorrow's action.

The thick dark green lines represent an A/D area that, if we open inside of this range, I will be VERY VERY hesitant to trade.

An ideal situation going into this overnight session is as follows: we continue up from here chopping between our current 1146-1153 area without pushing over it. We do not want to hit 1143 again, as that could set off a bullish double bottom. It may not hold, but it will make prices bullish enough that we could just end up having a choppy range day. Me personally, I prefer trendy days as I can identify them early and hold.

Yet, a choppy range day has a bunch of set S/R levels that it should make for easy trading either way. more updates in the AM !

#32     May 11, 2010
  3. joe4422

joe4422

Good job on yesterday, let's see what happens today.

Where would you pull your entry? Or do you just enter with no stop?

Does tomorrow's going to be bullish mean that the market will go straight up like it did yesterday?

Show me this stuff works for a few days in a row, and I'll shut up and follow very closely. I'll also send you a case of really good beer, I promise.

#33     May 12, 2010
  4. I dont plan on discussing my entries here. And I"m not sure if tomorrow will be bullish..... I'll have more info tomorrow AM. Then I can give a good opinion.

#34     May 12, 2010
  5. joe4422

joe4422

That's my point. There's lots of great info you can put on charts. There are 101 thousand different ways to draw support and resistance, and they all work so magically, but what does it matter if it doesn't help you to make money?

I just don't let to see newbies get sucked into something like this. Because the babble will go on and on, it will increase, and in the end, it's just worthless.

If you can't show how to make money with something, then what are you showing? Save yourself some time, pull up some pivots, and be fascinated as how they work.

That's my last word, good luck.

#35     May 12, 2010
  6. Well boys, unless the next 15 mins sells off really hard, I don't see why we shouldn't retest yesterdays highs of 1168. This goes back to one of my basic rules. We've got higher lows and higher highs on the 15 minute with bullish PA.

The odds favor a move to the upside here. Its rare that this will immediately reverse. Probably will take at least 30-45 mins for price to turnover to the downside if it does. And IF it does turnover, I would look for reversal signals at key support areas. 1152, 1143, etc.

But, the odds favor a move to the 1168-1172 area, then a longer consolidation or reversal.

We'll see, and good luck trading.

#36     May 12, 2010
  7. goslow

goslow

Am reading with interest this and other ES-related threads.

Since the goal of looking at the after-market is often to predict the main session, let me ask this, which is also about predicting the main session.

My question is: Are there [cheap? free?] services or IM lists whose main purpose is to call the *possible* ES top of the day, as it is happening?

The calls don't have to be right; they just have to get my attention (thru an IM audio alert, for example) so I can stop doing other stuff and look at the charts.

The idea is to put on an ES/SPY position from the top, ride it for maybe an hour at most, and then exit. Waiting for the top (and being continuously attentive to the charts for several hours until the top happens) is the problem.

Thanks for your time.

#37     May 12, 2010
  8. another amazing call by me. I'll take autographs later....lol

#38     May 12, 2010
  9. goslow

goslow

Wiesman02,

Next time you post, please say what you mean by 'PA'.

Thanks.

#39     May 12, 2010
  10. Price Action.

#40     May 12, 2010