Pre-born infants

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BloodTrader, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Oh, please. I'll give you the right to do your moralizing on a public message board, but don't treat us like we're complete fools. 'Somewhat of a confirmation' is proper English usage? Is that what you're trying to tell us? News flash, moron. When English is your second language (like it is for you), native English speakers can tell pretty quickly. I'm sorry, rcanfiel, everything else here is good and healthy debate (if a little over the top, from both of us) but this is just stupid. Please don't do this. You're as much a pro writer as I am a Catholic priest.
    Seriously, rcanfiel. You should write out your responses in Word and then go and take a break and come back and see if they make any sense. I said IN THE WEST. Is Tehran in the west? Syria? NORTH AMERICA. Is the Middle East North America?

I'm really sorry to say it, but this is a PERFECT EXAMPLE of the depth of analysis these people are capable of. They don't actually read anything. They just skim it and then start hammering out more of the same propaganda. Do we need any more proof than this reply??

#31     Jan 25, 2008
  2. Quote from traderNik:

Oh, please. I'll give you the right to do your moralizing on a public message board, but don't treat us like we're complete fools.

Then stop demonstrating that you are one.

'Somewhat of a confirmation' is proper English usage? Is that what you're trying to tell us?

google it. You will find a lot of occurrences, justa few including:
    "demonstrate there is somewhat of a confirmation of several popularized treatment options..."
    "gives me a somewhat of a confirmation that this was a live secession being recorded as instruments play and..."
    "demonstrate there is somewhat of a confirmation of several popularized treatment options. Obviously, no results to-date... "

News flash, moron. When English is your second language (like it is for you), native English speakers can tell pretty quickly.

Then why are you so consistently unable to do so?

...You're as much a pro writer as I am a Catholic priest.

The priesthood would throw you out. They are generally well-educated. You are barely able to overcome Jethro Bodine (Clampett) and his 3rd-grade "edumucation."

Seriously, rcanfiel. You should write out your responses in Word and then go and take a break and come back and see if they make any sense.

I think you should look in the mirror. They make perfect sense. I am continually surprised you are so incapable of understanding. Little of your retorts have been correct. You demo a continuing inability to grasp anything over elementary school level.

I said IN THE WEST. Is Tehran in the west? Syria? NORTH AMERICA. Is the Middle East North America?

From your post "Can I just say that again? We live in an open, SECULAR, democratic society. Ever hear of a little thing called separation of Church and State? Sorry, no mention of "west" here.

I'm really sorry to say it, but this is a PERFECT EXAMPLE of the depth of analysis these people are capable of. They don't actually read anything.

No your problem is, you don't UNDERSTAND anything

They just skim it and then start hammering out more of the same propaganda. Do we need any more proof than this reply??

Yes, you are about 0 for 4 in this post. This is almost fun, if you weren't so pitiful.

#32     Jan 25, 2008
  3. Pathetic. Looks like we have a new contender for the title of 'ET's resident Idiot Troll'. This is classic Troll behaviour. When the facts get in the way, just state that they don't exist. When shown proof that they exist, stick your fingers in your ears and say it even louder.

Either that or rcanfried doesn't understand the difference betwen Eastern and Western culture. Actually, this is a distinct possibility. After all, book learnin' clearly isn't his forte ('Somewhat of a confirmation'!! And then a Google search showing similar shitty usage is cited as evidence that it's correct. Yes, anything that pops up on Google search is grammatically correct!!)

Ah well... at least we know they'll eventually become extinct.

#33     Jan 25, 2008
  4. The Bible does not teach gender equality.

The Old Testament is filled with examples of misogyny: treatment of women as chattel, polygamy, double standards.

Even pregnant women do not a break from the abuse.

I'll provide verses, if asked.

Even in the New Testament women are considered lower than men. Indeed, some of the more troglodye-like Christians refuse to let women preach, and cite the apostle Paul's admonition for women to keep silent as their "evidence".

#34     Jan 25, 2008
  5. Don't bother. rcanfiel has shown us, by lying through his teeth and pretending that I didn't specify Western culture, that if there's a point he can't answer, he'll simply fabricate whatever 'facts' support his 'argument' (assertion). Sound familiar? Yes, experienced ET'ers will recognize the tactics of the Disgusting Alcoholic Troll, ZZZ.

Of course the Bible doesn't teach gender equality. For Evangelical Christians like rcanfaith, this is actually a point of honour. Same with the shockingly cruel practice of denying young people the right to determine their own fates (and why would they? Their Omniscient God has it all planned out).

All good until his daughter becomes pregnant by a swarthy bastard. Then it's off to the next state for a quick D & C before returning to the pulpit in time for Sunday possession or whatever they call it when people 'Get The Spirit' of the Lord and fall down shaking, while the money flies out of their pockets and into the bank accounts of their 'leaders', who drive AMG S Series'.

#35     Jan 25, 2008
    #36     Jan 25, 2008
  7. That's right. The Middle East, Syria and Tehran are not a part of North America.

You have shown you can use Google to confirm your grammatical and syntactic errors. Next time, try it to find a map of the world before you stick your hoof in your mouth even worse than you did here tonight.

Yes, best to put me on ignore. Same as Z. You know what they say... if you can't stand the heat and get sick of lying through your teeth, get out of the kitchen.

#37     Jan 25, 2008
  8. snorkack

snorkack

far right -what a bunch of toads. someone tell em it's not really so hard to think for yourself, come on give it a try. i am politically and socially conservative and and i, too, love stories: the bible is a v nice story, just like the koran, lord of the rings, dante's inferno, et al. i am even trying to get my hands on an original gutenberg-pressed page or two. allegory is a profoundly useful tool, but it is a means, not the end. religion is absolutely a necessary convention. it still has its private place in our modern, constitutionally-framed secular society-- a defined and limited personal place for reflection and sacrament, and little more.

what i mean to say is,
    a firey hell? seriously?!

on a most basic level, until you grow a uterus, it is quite simply none of your business, promise-keeper or not. religion is not part of the equation. roe v wade will never be overturned unless the taliban or the evangelicals -same diff- take over the USA and raze the cities and universities, and that ain't a-gonna happen. the zeitgeist is not and will not ever be some newly fashioned version of what it was pre-1973. women will not go back there; they comprise at least 1/2 of medical, law and business school classes now, ye pinheads.
    get a grip.
    huzzah

#38     Jan 29, 2008
  9. INTERESTING CASE FOR THE "PRO-LIFE" movement

DAYTON, Ohio -- "Jury selection began yesterday in Dayton, Ohio for a 27-year-old woman accused of killing her infant daughter in a microwave oven. Apparently, she put month-old Paris Talley in a microwave oven. Coroner's officials have said the child suffered high-heat internal injuries and had no external burns. A detective says Arnold told him: "If I hadn't gotten so drunk, I guess my baby wouldn't have died." If convicted, Arnold could face the death penalty."

So, woman could get death for nuking a one-month-old baby. Reason says, the charges are no different if the baby were just a few hours old.

SO

Say mother had baby 1 month early and nuked it a few hours later. For this 8 month old baby, why is it "abortion" if salt or forceps ends its life in fluid, but a capital offense if a microwave ends its life in air?

If your wife had chose an abortion at 8 months, you would defend her? Would you fight with her to wrestle your just-born 1 month premature baby away from her if she tried to put it in the microwave? How about if it were your beloved 3 year old daughter and your wife tried to drown it in the bathtub?

So, how is birth a reasonable determiner of being "alive" and becoming a baby? Does a "soul" enter the baby when it exits the womb? Does it magically become human life at birth?

(Responses should be based on logic, rather than anger!!!!)

#39     Jan 29, 2008
  10. your logic is a little flawed....don't ya think?

#40     Jan 29, 2008