Pre-born infants

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BloodTrader, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Of course you will. Your opinions and logic somehow seem to be your defense. You're obviously a man's man who thinks a baby's place is in the trash can

#11     Jan 24, 2008
  2. I wish just once....I can hear an intelligent debate and some real scientific backing on 'when life begins' without all the rhetoric from both sides....I see both sides of the debate as to life begining when sperm hits egg but on the other hand...you can do that now in a petry dish ...Im against abortion as i think most people would be if they really thought through the actions they are taking...they are in a sense playing God...most women who have abortions end up feeling regret and depression later on...then again, decisions you make at 16 or 18 are not always the best.....Its too bad there can;t be some sort of compromise in which both sides agree that at say 8 weeks or 10 weeks life has started...It would allow many more abortions to be avoided.

#12     Jan 24, 2008
  3. This is an argument based on Scripture, but Scripture as a source of truth is certainly unreliable.

#13     Jan 24, 2008
  4. cmaxb

cmaxb

How about the fetus is alive, and the mother still has a right to an abortion?

#14     Jan 24, 2008
  5. Is a cell that divides, reproduces, alive? There's the scientific proof of life that you asked for.

The question is at what point does HUMAN life emerge, IN THE LEGAL SENSE? When is it human? Tyhe instant after this no one dare mess with it!

How about when it LOOKS human?

#15     Jan 24, 2008
  6. On your first point i agree with you as a pro lifer...but conversely, mold on some old pizza is doing the same thing and is alive then and should not be destroyed?

How about when it looks human????? that standard wont work...I've seen grown men walkingthe street that don;t look human...Mike Tyson comes to mind:D

#16     Jan 24, 2008
  7. that's the point, it IS alive. you asked the question "when life begins?" of course it already has begun, like the mold. the REAL question (you should have asked) is at what point is it HUMAN/

Well, at what point is it human?

#17     Jan 24, 2008
  8. Exactly. Everything in that long bit of vomitus from the Believer rcanfiel is self-referential and has no objective validity as argument. He even says as much ("You'll burn in hell [which is true!!]").

Errrr... huh?

Basically it can be summed up like this

"My God is a righteous God and Jesus Christ is Lord and you're a murderer and all women who want to choose their own destinies are murderers and the Reckoning is coming and that Right Soon".

Pretty mundane.

Ah well, as I have always said, I envy the believers. Religious faith is a panacea for the fear of death and more generally, the unknown. It's hard to stand in and say 'Nope, I have no idea where all this is going so I'll try to live my life according to a naturalist philosophy as opposed to living my life for someone or something else". Much easier to take a hit off the crack pipe of religion. Good old Lenin had that one bang on, for sure.

'Thank God' these evangelical fanatics are in the minority.

#18     Jan 24, 2008
    #19     Jan 24, 2008
  10. Yikes. I read this about 4 times trying to figure out what it means, then gave up. Sounds kind of like something that might be generated if you coded up a little app with some basic grammatical rules and some vocabulary and then clicked 'start'.

I defy anyone other than the author to tell what what in the hell this means.

#20     Jan 24, 2008