Pre- and aftermarket charts - the life after Qcharts

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lojze, Jul 30, 2002.

1. ron2368

ron2368

The problem with Qcharts this week is that on daily charts, at least as far as I can tell , some have huge multi point daily range bars. I noticed that some stocks like KG this am showed a price of a fraction with a net of -18 points. There is nothing that I have found besides that.

If you change the daily timeframe to 390 minutes the problem is solved instantly.

#11     Jul 30, 2002
  2. Miki

Miki

Eldredge, I have set my eSignal charts for the period 8.30 to 18:00.

No problem!

#12     Jul 31, 2002
  3. My problem with Q-charts isn't necessarily this incident (no after-hours charts). It is the fact that there is ALWAYS something wrong, but it will be better tomorrow. I have heard years of promises and things just don't get better. I was especially disappointed when they began to charge for their SDK.

On the other hand, I know there are problems with all data providers, so I really don't mean to bash the Q too hard. Like I said earlier, they are close to being perfect, so it is frustrating.

#13     Jul 31, 2002
  4. Eldredge

Eldredge

Miki,

How did you do that? Does it work with listed and Nas stocks? Thanks.

#14     Jul 31, 2002
  5. wild

wild

right click on the stock symbol - then click on "intraday history" - "interval chart" (or 1 of the others) - "properties" (the 2nd button on the left of the "+" - then on "general" - set "open time" to 0:00 and "close time" to 24:00 ... or any other time frame you prefer

regards

wild

#15     Jul 31, 2002
  6. Eldredge

Eldredge

Thanks Wild, now if I can just get good quotes on NYSE listed stocks when the market is closed, I'll have it made.

#16     Jul 31, 2002
  7. #17     Jul 31, 2002
  8. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

I've been using esignal for 3+ years and it's been very reliable and professional. I've come to trust it. I only had 2 data interruptions in 3 years, and both were back in '00. It's been totally reliable all of 2001 and this year.

Next step: I need to figure out how to use advanced charting and all the new features they've added. I don't see any other chart software out there that beats esignal.

It would be nice to see traders develop formulas etc for esignal, start a thread or whatever (is there one?) to learn each others' techniques with.

#18     Jul 31, 2002
  9. Will compare the difference between between regular and irregular hours.[after 3 central Time]

Not missing much;fills may not be as good. Remember an advantage once last bear rally in OCT or NOV[2001]. Better to sell on that one , after 3 central time ,it was getting extended much in extended hours. Sharp reversal next mourning.Not quick enough to trade much irregular hours. Volume may dry up.

Esignal works far better for me than Lycos-Q charts.[Any time]

If one knows a stock,I like to read more candlecharts .Did that make sense RS7 ????????????????????????????????????
    ------------------------------------
    ''Enjoy your read'' Alan Greenburg-Bear Stearns

#19     Jul 31, 2002