Prayers for Bowe Bergdahl

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Jul 20, 2009.

1. jem

jem

Are you in need of prayer? Because comments like those will earn them from non confrotational Christians. I hope they work out for you.

#11     Jul 21, 2009
  2. sure. you can pray that i hit the lottery. think it will work?

how about if we got every christian in the world to pray at the same time for a cure for cancer. be honest. deep down do you think it would work?

http://godisimaginary.com/i2.htm

#12     Jul 21, 2009
  3. Makes you wonder if this guy went AWOL.

OldTrader

#13     Jul 22, 2009
  4. #14     Jul 22, 2009
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I find no humor at all in what is happening. If you learn to read, go read the post I was laughing at and then it will be all better for you.

#15     Jul 22, 2009
  6. jem

jem

Because God is outside of time - by my way of thinking - I am not so sure that everything has not already played out.

Science tells us time is an illusion.

Now I sense that my prayers are sometimes answered. But what does that mean when time is an illusion.

It think it is very hard to determine when it is likely that prayers or answered or when things are just unfolding as they will and you prayers are just aligning you with events which are already scripted or perhaps even happened.

But if everyone were praying for a result God would have known everyone was going to pray for the result so perhaps he would have willed it.

So I am not sure everyone praying to end cancer will end cancer.

But, prayer might have already had an effect on the way things unfold.

This all sounds like a bunch of horseshit.

I know.

But I suspect that it because of our limited understanding of time, not because God is or is not.

#16     Jul 22, 2009
  7. Science tells us time is an illusion.

Then how did they come up with:

A = dV/dT.

#17     Jul 23, 2009
  8. jem

jem

the same way newton came up with his laws.

Its all relative when you live within it.

The way I have read what some of the top minds say, time started after the big bang. I note the word after.

#18     Jul 23, 2009
  9. yheah your right i mis read sorry thought you were laughing at vehn's first comment.....

#19     Jul 23, 2009