Prayers for Bowe Bergdahl

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I'm just going to write a few things here.
    I hope that we will all keep Bowe Bergdahl and his family in our thoughts and prayers. I can hardly imagine what his family must be going through, don't even want to imagine it since a cousin of mine who is more like a brohter, is right now getting ready to go back to Afghanistan in early 2010 with the 173rd Airborne BCT. He has served with the Rangers, then the 4th BCT of the 25th Infantry (the same BCT Mr. Bergdahl is with) and now the 173rd. Both of my brothers are now out of the service, Kerry having been in the Air Force, and Kurt in the 82nd Airborne and 1st SFG.
    In any case, it hits close to home, and like I said I can't imagine what his family must be going through.
    That said, I don't see where the pentagon gets off screaming and throwing a fit about the Taliban putting him on video when we do the same thing. We display the dead bodies of Uday and Qusay for the world, we display pictures and videos of Abu Zarkway and others all of the time for our own propaganda purposes as well, in direct violation of the Geneva Convention btw. This is a case of what's good for the goose must surely be good for the gander.
    Of course the situation is not entirely the same, since Mr. Bergdahl is likely to lose his head on tape at some point in the future unless we get a miracle, but never the less if we are going to complain about our captive soldiers being video taped, we should stop doing the same thing.

Brandon

2. nothing fails like prayer.if prayer is the only thing standing between him and his fate he is doomed.
    fortunately for him there are people who dont waste their time on silly superstitions like prayer that are working on getting him out.

3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Well in this particular case that's all the majority of us an do, although I would agree with the general sentiment that a pair of hands getting dirty, DOING STUFF, will accomplish a hell of a lot more than thousands clasped in prayer.

4. His fate is doomed because his commander in chief is a horse's ass who would gladly sacrifice this white man's life (Pvt Bergdahl) to appease and suck up to the muslim world.

5. yea. when bush was president the muslim feared us and wouldnt dare attack us.

6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

lol

7. I dont understand how if what you say is true you could find humour in this all of a sudden :(

8. Mercor

Mercor

This is a strange story. This solider went out on his own without weapon. Apparently walked right into the enemy.

9. False.

NO soldier would leave his weapon behind on a combat assignment. He should take it with him when he takes a shit.

#10     Jul 20, 2009