Pray for the families of our lost astronauts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by inandlong, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Another tragedy.

Focus your thoughts on these families and their grief.

:(

2. This is absolutely horrible. I can't believe this. 17 years ago and a week or so, we lost the space shuttle Challenger. I am absolutely in awe. This is another moment in one's life that they will never forget.

I am so sad.

This shuttle carried an Israeli astronaut apparently. I have no idea if there is any connection but this is tragic in any event.

God ...

3. qdz2

qdz2

Our prayers go to the crews, their families, the brave astronauts and scientists. They sacrifice for a real meaningful cause.

4. enrick71

enrick71

May God bless their souls! :(

5. omcate

omcate

I do not understand how can the following happen after the Challenger tragedy. Was NASA supposed to fix all the problems 17 years ago ?

==============================================
    Columbia shuttle breaks up over Texas
    Seven astronauts aboard space shuttle
    Saturday, February 1, 2003 Posted: 10:25 AM EST (1525 GMT)

JOHNSON SPACE CENTER, Houston, Texas (CNN) -- The space shuttle Columbia, with seven astronauts aboard, broke up as it descended over central Texas Saturday toward a planned landing at Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

6. Ahpie,

Why does a "plane crash" from a higher altitude rate such a strong impact for you?

People die every day due to mechanical failures.

7. cheeks

cheeks

I remember watching the first mission of Space Shuttle Columbia when I was in grade school. This is sad.

Deepest sympathies to their families.

8. qdz2

qdz2

There is an Israeli astronaut and an indian-born female astronaut on board.

9. qdz2

qdz2

I hope it was painless and fearless for our heros during the breakup.

10. TGregg

TGregg

One thing about myself that drives me nuts during times like this, is my inability to stop watching the news. We won't learn anything of substantial interest for hours at least, and probably days :(. I'd be better off doing my weekend chores.

Also pray for the guys *still* on the space station, who are supposed to catch a ride on Atlantis later to get home.

Wow.

#10     Feb 1, 2003