Prawns

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by acronym, Dec 26, 2009.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

#11     Dec 27, 2009
  2. Arnie

Arnie

Saute them is butter, garlic and lemon juice.

#12     Dec 27, 2009

3. Yeah, they are the already salted sort, might be just the ticket-mortar and pestle would make short work of them.

In fact, they would be fine, whole stirred through a rissoto, to.....drool.

Finally, a realistic use for my mortar and pestle. Yay! Im not an apothecary, dont do drugs, really who the heck actually uses these things? Sure, once every few years I might bash some seeds for extra flavour, but come on.

The coconut prawns, either dried flakes or coconut cream in the batter at a guess.......sounds great, wouldn't have thought of it myself.
    Fresh lime zest would work a friggin treat in something like that.

Delicious.

#13     Dec 28, 2009
  4. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

an old portugese favorite is to marinate them in whisky and extra virgin olive oil. sounds odd, but quite nice and the whisky (pref not bourbon - try a malt or scotch) will give a nice seasonal taste. just eat them as a snack, or serve with a salad as an entre.

as they are already cooked, this could be difficult, but a great italian dish is to take the shells off, and make a prawn stock with the shells, heads etc. take the stock and cook the prawns and skinned zuccini (we call em something else so sorry if the spellings wrong) in it. after this, mash up the zuccini and prawn, use as a raviolli filling.

#14     Dec 28, 2009
  5. Prawns with a tomato- cream sauce are good as well.

#15     Dec 30, 2009