Practice daytrading account?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by IronFist, May 22, 2006.

1. To the OP... do you want to trade equties, forex, futurs, or options?

If you want Forex, I may suggest www.strategybuilderfx.com or www.metatrader.com as their platform is excellent. As long as you use the StrategyBuilderFX platform, you can use it for up to a year for free and have live Forex.

If you want Futures, you can use NinjaTrader for free, but you have to have a data-feed. Trademaven used to have this, you might search google for Trademaven and see about Futures demo.

Equities, I already filled you in on above.

Options, Think or Swim is excellent.

For swing/position trading simulator.investopedia.com I like, still 20 minute delay but it gets the job done for longer term strategies.

Good luck again.

#11     May 23, 2006
  2. I'm only interested in trading stocks at this point.

Yes, I looked into saxobank. Thanks for the suggestion. And thanks for JMowery for all the links.

#12     May 23, 2006
  3. Awesome. I haven't heard back from any of those companies. :mad:

#13     Jun 1, 2006
  4. lol... are you saying the right things to them?

At least act like you might be interested in setting up an account later on after you try the software.

Call any of these companies up on the phone? Don't be afraid to talk to someone. :)

#14     Jun 1, 2006
  5. Chood

Chood

Oh yea, Saxo's got the touch alright -- as in touched me for about 12k in winning forex trades it refused to honor. Check ET's broker ratings for the comments of others who've been touched by Saxo.

#15     Jul 27, 2006

6. I think cybertrader offers a simulator....that should work for what you want to do.

#16     Jul 28, 2006
  7. I found a new one...there is nothing like it. You can only trade nasdaq stocks but that was plenty for me. Very neat.

www.tradingsim.com

#17     Dec 24, 2009
  8. You can try the demo of E-global TFG , this is live and you can do it for a month or two.
    This is good and comfortable platform for people who want to trade almost everything at relatively low rates and spreads.

Thx

#18     Dec 28, 2009