PPT playing, crash soon

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gastropod, Jul 30, 2008.

1. I believe the PPT exists and I believe I have seen them in action in the past. In my opinion this is not it. Maybe about a week and a half ago when Paulson, and Bernanke were being grilled was a little PPT intervention. But now, it is clearly buyers coming into the market.

You have to look at the bond market, the oil futures, and the forex market. Clearly, foreign money is coming in propping this thing up. When foreign money comes in, you don't want to be on the wrong side, This move looks like it has legs. Financials have found some sort of intermediate support, look at GS. I just see a lot of money being put into action. The short squeeze today was a good example, there was a lot of money behind that move, it definitely showed the commitment of the long side.

#11     Jul 30, 2008
  2. spidey

spidey

Well, there is something strange going on. I trade ES and the last couple of days have been very hard. If you had faith in the upmove, u could have bought and held and made quite a bit. But these gap open moves are tough to buy with size, cuz u can easily lose ur ass. And there is stealth buying, alot of buying on retracements that look like the market is going to keel over, and it goes parabolic 10 points higher. Market usually don't bounce up off the bottom like this they consolidate for sometimes weeks. I think we may go much lower, just not until after the election, or at least in Sept/Oct.

#12     Jul 31, 2008
  3. Yes, those were the days.... Good days even on bad days at that multiplier....

The market will deviate

#13     Jul 31, 2008

4. I'm not sure that you're right in saying it is weird price action. Today was a classic gap up and fill day, once the gap was filled, buyers came in and pressed it to new highs.

I do agree with you that this market is going lower, but I think we have at least a week of upside first. This is a typical bear market rally, but this time it was horribly oversold. So the reaction has to be that much more irrational. Be careful sticking to your shorts until around August 6 or 7th. Better off, go long for a week.

#14     Jul 31, 2008
  5. Thing is I hated those orders as the amount of risk if you got it wrong and had to get out was much higher than say Eurmarks or Shrt sterling and as i got paid per lot I would much rather get a 10 k eurodollar order than a 500 lot S&P one. Scariest market had to be Liffe JGB's as we didnt clear for most of my clients so you had to deal with the roll into Tokyo hassel

#15     Jul 31, 2008