PPT Exists ! ! !

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gcapman, Jan 5, 2010.

1. the1

the1

You are greatly under-estimating the powers of the FED. The Greenspan Put is just one way of stopping a market melt-down. Was the FED the actual buyer post MLK? Probably not. Do you think some low level intern or disgruntled employee would have access to these types of market operations? No way man. The guys who conduct these operations probably rank up there with the CIA. I suppose CIA assassins are all one grand conspiracy as well.

http://burnickblog.sovereignsociety.com/2007/08/have-no-fear-th.html

#41     Jan 6, 2010
  2. police investigation? are you serious?:p

this is a joke right...?

#42     Jan 6, 2010
  3. +1...

There's all kinds of easy ways to show that the only meaningful way to substantiate a specific statement is by offering direct evidence. Plausible != true.

#43     Jan 6, 2010
  4. So the whole rally from March is just FED buying as the article says? :D

#44     Jan 6, 2010
  5. That's not what the article says. It says the $6 trillion increase in U.S. stock-market capitalization since March can't be explained by the usual sources of funds flowing into the market .

I did good last year before and after march until the market went dead in November, frankly, I really don't care who's on the other side of my trades, be it the PPT or my nextdoor neighboor.

#45     Jan 6, 2010
  6. sjfan

sjfan

no, it's an analogy

#46     Jan 6, 2010

7. The only logical explanation for the extent of the rally, he suggested, is secret buying by a government committee known colloquially as the Plunge Protection Team. From the article

#47     Jan 6, 2010
  8. The "extent" of the rally....

#48     Jan 6, 2010
  9. Frankly not a good one but I respect your opinion.

#49     Jan 6, 2010
  10. sjfan

sjfan

I'm curious, why don't you think it's a good one? you said that my position is weak because I suppose the lack of evidence doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. I pointed out that not only is there a lack of evidence, there's also a lack of motivation. If this were a police investigation into a criminal matter, the combination of those two things means that you don't have much of a case, just like this.

Leaving aside PPT for a second, what's wrong with this analogy. I'm not being factious

#50     Jan 6, 2010