PPT Exists ! ! !

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gcapman, Jan 5, 2010.

1. BoJ routinely buys stocks, the SNB and the BoE buy corporate bonds in their mkts. So it's not like there's this massive taboo against CBs buying private sector assets. Why would it be such a wrong thing to do for the Fed? Moreover, wouldn't govt buying of equity indices be just a wee little bit fairer than buying bank stocks?

I also don't see why, if the govt needed to buy stocks, they'd want to do it in a such a cloak-and-dagger way.

#21     Jan 6, 2010
  2. That's not the only area of operation that is kept secret by the FED. The fact that they refuse to be audited says enough.

END THE FED.

#22     Jan 6, 2010
  3. No need to hide. Just inform the market place so that every"body" enjoys the "cash injection". He, he ;=)

#23     Jan 6, 2010

4. the concept of conspiracy theorists being all wackos, which is the idea passed through by the poster i was responding to, is portrayed by mainstream media outlets. this is an effort by them to reinforce their pseudo-reality upon viewers while segregating every body else that don't play along.

hence, my comment above.

#24     Jan 6, 2010
  5. sjfan

sjfan

You didn't answer my (and a bunch of other people's question). Why would the Fed keep it a secret? It's a legitimate (in so far as defensible from a legal and economic perspective) monetary operation. They have already done similar things in non-equity markets.

Come on, one of you must have the answer.

#25     Jan 6, 2010
  6. The PPT's goal is not to maintain prices at a given level when the economy is doing good, but rather to force the market to recover from a sustained sell off. In other words, PPT's job is to take action when the market has already fallen.

What are you talking about? this thread is about the FED and the PPT, not about some frigging President conspiracies. Stick to the topic please.

Conspiracies have always been part of the societies and will always. Lobbyings making up with politics for private interests at every level is an everyday story. Individualism takes root in human nature and history has proven there isn't much we can do to prevent these conspiracies to happen.

"Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom." George Washington

#26     Jan 6, 2010
  7. Just because you can't find a reason they would keep secret their stock market's operations doesn't mean they don't do it. Or does it?

In fact as I pointed out in my earlier post, their all time secrecy policy make your argument insignificant in light of all the information that has been presented on this site and more generally on the internet.

#27     Jan 6, 2010
  8. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

i like the sound of the ppt.

imagine never being wrong on a trade again, and if you are, you just bully the market to your side.

where do i send my resume?

what are the bonuses like for ppt traders?

#28     Jan 6, 2010

9. i heard they print their bonus out of thin air.

#29     Jan 6, 2010
  10. sjfan

sjfan

Now you are just spitting out tautology.

Look, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. You are the one supposing the existence of a secret cabal that "manipulates" the stock market. We pointed out that the Fed can do so without being secret, without being hidden, and in fact would work better if they weren't. Moreover, in the past they have done exactly this through either open market operations (mortgages) or through acting as facilitators (LTCM).

So, again, where's your support for your claim? There's no evidence (no, ranting on the internet and the thoughts of an analyst on TV don't count). There's no motivation. If this were a police investigation, it wouldn't even make it to the grand jury.

#30     Jan 6, 2010