PPT action pattern..

Discussion in 'Trading' started by et123, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Just because its rigged does not mean you can't make money. All you have to do is find repeating patterns.

Yesterday's late buying was an example. I've seen that happen at least 10 times this year and it almost always happens between 2:45-3:15 PM.

#11     Nov 9, 2007
  2. After reading this thread, I'm going long tinfoil futures! :D :D :D

#12     Nov 9, 2007
  3. How bad must things really be if the gvt has to prop up the markets and when will they stop doing it?

#13     Nov 9, 2007
  4. What do they do with all the futures they're long from propping up the markets? ROFLMAO

#14     Nov 9, 2007
  5. there was a thread a few weeks ago with a couple of guys who were asking why they never hear about the fed's trading any more. years ago, in their pit and broker days it was a common occurrence and would get published in the fin news, etc

whether this is credible, not sure, but probably easy enough to verify by talking to the right ppl. foil hats :)

the fed itself has openly discussed active intervention in the past

#15     Nov 9, 2007
  6. "The concern about worst-case scenarios emphasized by the robust-control approach may likewise lead to amplification rather than attenuation in the response of the optimal policy to shocks," said the U.S. central bank chief. --------

WTF?

#17     Nov 9, 2007
  7. The FED and all of the worlds central banks used to intervene in the currency markets. I traded currency options for 10 years in philly, on the cme and for a large bank. The Fed would absolutely do intervention. The kicker was the more they did it the less it worked. Ultimately they knew they could try and slow the trend but not reverse it. In 1995 the dollar fell to 80 yen and the FED bought dollars all the way down then gave it and it fell to 80.

As far as the FED stopping in and buying SnP futures rotflmao, sorry

#18     Nov 9, 2007
  8. i'm not suggesting they buy index futures, but you can only roflmao so much. the idea has been suggested openly by past fed governors

in todays market, correlations are so tight and everything is such a monetary trade, it almost wouldn't matter what they trade, any major liquid market can move all the others. ie at the right time i think currencies or bonds, etc could be sufficient to stifle short term positions in other markets, commodities, etc

i don't even begrudge them the ability to intervene, so much as the possibility that done via banks it could be a for-profit advantage over the rest of the marketplace

#19     Nov 9, 2007
  9. okay, can we stop the joking...seriously...where has any "PPT" been ever talked about?...why are there so many names for PPT?...what is the real PPT name...and the biggest question, WHY does one think any PPT buying comes into effect from 3-4PM EST...this sounds like one of those "conspiracy theories"...please quantify it more...we need more info!

#20     Nov 9, 2007