PPT about to step into futures market to prevent crash; Go Long!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bond_trad3r, Feb 17, 2009.

1. As ES rapidly falls this very early Tuesday, I have no doubt whatsoever that the PPT has triggered their buy program and we gap up in the morning. The PPT would never let ES fall below 800. Any purchases sub 800 is free money.

2. cvds16

cvds16

go back to kindergarten.

3. Imba

Imba

hey dude, relax. ES will draw to 780 today and probably to 710-720 by the friday.

4. LEAPup

LEAPup

LOL!!!!! I was thinking that!:D :D :D

5. gangof4

gangof4

i cringe at the thought of being on the same side of a trade as one of the trad3r alter-ego's, but i have a hard time picturing this weakness holding into the open. the market isn't going to let a few people pushing around a couple 1000 ES contracts open the market below key support. can't recall ever seeing that. even more unlikely given that there isn't a catalyst.

that said, if WMT screws the pooch premarket, all bets are off. i'm looking for a rally that gets me out b4 the WMT #'s print.

long @803

6. The long at 803 is a good call. Any second now PPT will start buying, but not before it gives the heads up to Goldman, JPMorgan, et al.

7. good call? or absolutely retarded :D

8. cvds16

cvds16

it's such a great call, we are only trading 794 now ! let's see that makes for 450 USD loss per contract traded.
    I am truely in heaven ... thank you o so much for your wonderfull advice.

9. gangof4

gangof4

jsut to close the loop... i sold @ 106.25 @ 0616 EST. luck and sticking to my rules (for a change) got me out. actually long again @ 795, thinking they may try to run it up into the open. small size as this is dangerous territory.