% ppl who earn >$1 million cumulative from trading over a lifetime?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by pinetboltz, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Now I know why I stopped following ET. Every thread devolves into stupidity. My only affinity for this site is I met a very good friend on here 15 years ago.

As to this thread, why not ask , "how many of the posters made $1 mill trading in a year?"
    "How many in a month?"
    How many still have it?
    Other than me the ones I know who have done these things and used to follow ET haven't looked at the site in 10 years or more.
    All my strategies petered out and I had enough money to retire nearly a decade ago, as I had no interest in spending millions for automation and programming, not to mention no need to take the risk of trading any longer.
    The game only gets tougher and the strategies I read looking through the posts here are not going to get anyone wealthy other than by luck.
    OK, now it's time to take my cloned dogs to the park.

If it's any consolation I'm sure there are people posting on ET who are young, smart, and capable...and will be successful traders. I just don't see anything in scanning the boards that indicates an understanding of what it takes.

#111     Sep 14, 2018
  2. TraderEX

TraderEX

thats great guess you moved a lot. anything is better than being an uneducated man. doesn't matter how you work or what you do. But when your child asks and you you can't spell or add, sure you'd wish you something behind you. Forest, is that you?

#112     Sep 14, 2018
  3. Suppose we trade from 30 to 80 (for 50 years) and suppose we have initial cash of 100K (or 500K)

#113     Sep 16, 2018
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

Hindsight is simple, the math is simple ...looking forward and staying put not so simple. :D

I agree, on avg or way above avg a college degree is a waste of money and opportunity cost.

#114     Sep 17, 2018
  5. ironchef

ironchef

Same arguments back and forth about whether to take Social Security early or to take a lump sum retirement vs monthly pension... Human nature: Most of those who took SS early never invested the money to get superior/better returns for their later year benefits.

#115     Sep 17, 2018
  6. ironchef

ironchef

30 something love risks and are impatient, so the majority will be wiped out by age 35.

#116     Sep 17, 2018
  7. dozu888

dozu888

true.

very few have the discipline... hence getting chained and shackled to 9-5 may just be the best option.... the school system is set up this way also - kids must attend school, no matter how boring it is.

#117     Sep 18, 2018
  8. im just here for the steak

#118     Sep 21, 2018