PPI Tomorrow 6-14-07

Discussion in 'Trading' started by myminitrading, Jun 13, 2007.

1. kashirin

kashirin

just 0.9% up from the previous month

#21     Jun 14, 2007
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Thanks to this "perfect" PPI number I was able to unload my long positions at a nice profit. Now waiting for the next sell off to go long again. Nothing like easy money.

#22     Jun 14, 2007
  3. nitro

nitro

I somewhat agree with PPI, but to say that CPI doesn't matter, well, you better tell that to SIF traders.

It is also a non-trivial input into FED models.

nitro

#23     Jun 14, 2007
  4. piezoe

piezoe

Pooh says: Of course it matters. The numbers may not have direct impact the moment they are released. But if the inflation pressure keeping building it will eventually show up in the market. The instituional investors are not gods, they can't always manipulate the market as they wish.

Pooh, it would appear that you have a little more experience in the markets then some of the others here. This is of course Options expiration week (triple witch, right) Expect wild swings. Looks like the S&P want to move to 1525 where there is an open interest spike. If the market holds next week and pushes back to 1540, then whether it goes through will be critical. If i were holding long, which i am not, and we fail at 1540 again, i would certainly take that as a clue and get my ass out pronto, because that's going to be a very strong resistance point. Otherwise, well who knows. To any neophytes here i would remind that the object is to avoid large losses first, and not to try and squeeze every last dime out.

#24     Jun 14, 2007
  5. lol spooz still on the wrong side of the trade?

#25     Jun 14, 2007
  6. 1999 posts of worthless smack..........& still posting.

btw...what "trade" do you keep referring to me as being on the wrong side???

let`s make it an even 2k posts of smack....shall we....

#26     Jun 14, 2007