PPI Indication

Discussion in 'Economics' started by inks2002, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Wondering if someone could clarify to me PPI....for tomorrow Core PPI is supposed to be .1 percent, it was at this level last time.

PPI is supposed to be -1.9 percent whereas last time it was -2.2 percent.

Would this mean if we beat or meet the same level or if we go below the estimates? Also is there a way to guage if we will be over, under or at the estimates such as reading the dollar index or gold prices/other metal prices etc??? Thank you, just trying to get a better understanding on how to read other indicators that might help gauge what level we might be at tomorrow.

2. I can't clarify the exact impact of the PPI, but I can give you this "insight" - not that it is a great insight, but, it is insight above what the common masses are fed by the main stream media. When the numbers come out - go to the actual gov't site and read the bigger/whole report. Usually, they are feeding us this crap about "seasonally adjusted" or some other "adjusted" factor. Bullsh!t - look at the actual numbers and you will get a better picture of what is going on. You can sign up to get a lot of these reports emailed to you - check the bea.gov web site to do so. I hope this link works, but here is a more direct link -> https://service.govdelivery.com/service/multi_subscribe.html?code=USBEA

-gastropod