Powerful VPS Recommendation

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Papaya, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Papaya

Papaya

Hello all, I use TradingView To Anywhere bot to automate my Tradingview Strategy alerts to my trading accounts. I use different strategies for different accounts. I have to keep all my Meta Traders up and running in order to receive alerts sent by the TradingView to Anywhere Bot. I am currently running 4 MTX accounts and will need to add more.

The problem is, the VPS I am using is freezing too often on its own causing my accounts to close unexpectedly and therefore missing important trades, I am not available on my desk to monitor this all day long. I want to switch to a much faster VPS that can support 8 Meta Traders at ago and will keep all my accounts running while I am away

Can anyone recommend some nice VPS that will handle this conveniently for me, please?

Cheers!

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

3. d08

d08

Nothing beats Hetzner for capability/price. They have an US location now as well.

WiktorK, M.W., peechu and 1 other person like this.
  4. Hello d08,

Yessss, I really need something that is powerful and fast. This optimization is killing me. Takes forever for just 5184 iterations with my current dedicated server I am paying $90 a month for.

How can I find edge and make alot of money if taking this long?

Where can I get some power server from?

upload_2022-4-26_16-50-33.png

5. From your screenshot, the Intel Xeon CPU x5650 has a very low benchmark score. See here for reference: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Xeon+X5650+@+2.67GHz&id=1304

Compare it to the Ryzen 5900x for our VPS.

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  6. Hello Ninja Mobile Trader VPS,

I am stupid and ignorant when it comes to computers and server, and I want to stay that way.

All I want to know is and it is VERY simple 1 question:

1. Tell me Exactly what I need to buy (e.g., your VPS or a monkey with pig nose, etc.) to get faster optimization back tests results with NinjaTrader8 then what I am already currently getting please?

Nice and simple please. Just tell me exactly what to do.

Thank you.

7. Short answer: I recommend our High Performance VPS (with 16gb RAM) to get the fastest optimization back test results with NinjaTrader 8.

Longer explanation: Strategy optimizations in NinjaTrader are brute force operations and use all of the CPU and memory resources they can.

In terms of the strategy analyzer itself, there are a few factors that can cause an optimization to either slow to a crawl or just stop.
    • The first one would be the amount of data you are back testing.
    • Another cause would be if the strategy runs on price change or on each tick with tick replay on, this can exponentially hurt performance.
    • The third cause would be the code itself, something that would need to be optimized by the coder.
    • Another cause would be the type of optimization you are running, performance is negatively correlated with the number of iterations/number of generations you are requesting.

In general, it is recommended to have 16gb RAM for running the optimizer, because 8gb often isn't enough.

For example, please take a look at this NinjaTrader support forum post regarding back testing using up all RAM: https://ninjatrader.com/support/for...rategy-run-by-optimizer?p=1103381#post1103381

8. d08

d08

5184 iterations is nothing significant, it seems your code is inefficient. You likely are optimizing in a much larger scale than needed.

9. There are quite a few companies on the Internet that offer VPS services. I own an online store that specializes in selling things. I have spent a lot of money promoting my store, which has increased the number of visitors to my site. The VPS I used could not handle most traffic, and many users have complained about lags. That is why I have decided to try https://www.time4vps.com/windows-vps/ as advised by my friend. This VPS is very optimized and can withstand heavy traffic.

10. topdog

topdog

What us datacenters they're located ?

#10     Sep 6, 2022