Powerbombs, Piledrives and Cross-face Chickenwings

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Yuengling, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Short Silver @ 12.3200

Stop @ 12.5720

I will not be reporting my stock trades in this journal. I will report my forex, gold and silver here.

"Brewtime is a Goodtime until Bedtime", that's my motto:cool:

#11     Jan 11, 2007
  2. Stopped out Silver

#12     Jan 12, 2007
  3. My readers, admirers, fellow professionals, beer pongsmen, ELECTRICSAVANT and those alike. I write to you tonight from my high back emerald green pleather chair from the comforts of my library.

Oh, what peace, the room lit by a single candle, which looks as though its joyfully dancing to it's own little version of some classic off broadway musical, the room warmed by an ethanol burning fireplace and a sweet smell of corn filling the air. (Yuengling thinks to himself, "ahhh, if only oil wasn't so expensive, i'd be eating popcorn right now)

The reason I address you here tonight, has been my lackluster performance to start the year trading currencies, gold and silver. Oh, the metals, who doesn't love the metals.

I have come to the conclusion that I have abandoned my trading principles in these first 12 days. I know, many of you are thinking right now, "this fellow can't trade", there is a faint melody in your ears, yes, the words of Bob Seger telling you to Turn the Page.

For the longest time, all I could think of is wanting to start a journal on EliteTrader for all to see. So....please, stick with me. I believe it not be prudent for my readers to leave, as this journal is still in its infancy. I'm also reminded of the words of a great brew drinker, Billy Joel, they go a little something like this, "If you said goodbye to me tonight", you better believe, "There would still be music left to write".

In closing all I will recite the eloquent words of Benjamin Franklin, "Drive thy business, or it will drive thee".

#13     Jan 13, 2007
  4. Trading isnt all about the good times when you're just starting out...its about the journey to finally making it to consistent profitability.

A journal is a good place to start documenting lessons learned. In the beginning, you will fall frequently. As long as you learn from each fall you'll be on your way.

Keep at it and best of luck.

-T

#14     Jan 13, 2007
  5. ken__0

ken__0

but do you have a crystal ball and y

#15     Jan 13, 2007
  6. Long Gbp/Usd @ 1.9596

Stop @ 1.9496

In regards to your post, I am not just beginning, been trading for a couple years. It's just been a slow start to the year.

Well Kenny, I do have a crystal ball of sorts, but I won't speak of it here, I don't want to get into Neurobiology. :eek:

#16     Jan 15, 2007
  7. haha. Well, I feel like an ass. You've got quite a bit of experience on me...I've only been at it about six months now.

We get so many new people, I sometimes assume everyone is just starting out like me and try to be encouraging.

Good luck with the forex trading !

#17     Jan 15, 2007
  8. I can see where you would have thought I was just beginning, good luck with your trading tony.

#18     Jan 15, 2007
  9. Close Gbp/Usd @ 1.9610

+14 pips

Close Eur/Cad @ 1.5197

-36 pips

New Position

Short Silver @ 12.5950

Stop @ 13.1000

#19     Jan 16, 2007
  10. Just curious,

Which silver contract are you trading ? I was looking at the CBOT 5000 oz contract with the greatest open interest(March) and didnt see it trade $12.59 yet.

Just wanted to check out the trade.

-T

#20     Jan 17, 2007